How to Match Rhino Make2D and D5 Render Views for Axonometric Diagrams

I’m trying to create axonometric diagrams using Rhino 7, Illustrator, and D5 Render. My usual workflow is to create a Make2D drawing in Rhino, export it to Illustrator, and then overlay a rendered shadow image underneath to give the diagram more depth.

The problem is that even when I synchronize the Rhino camera with D5 and keep the model, camera, and view settings consistent, the shadow image rendered in D5 never aligns perfectly with the Make2D geometry exported from Rhino. There are always slight differences in the viewing angle, scale, or perspective, which become noticeable when the two images are overlaid in Illustrator.

Is there a way to make the Rhino Make2D output and the D5 render match more accurately, ideally with the exact same axonometric view, scale, and projection?

Previously, I used V-Ray’s clay render mode to generate a separate shadow image that could be layered directly beneath the linework. I’d like to achieve a similar workflow in D5, where I can produce a clean clay or shadow-only render that aligns precisely with the Rhino Make2D drawing, similar to the reference images below.


Image from Upstairs youtube