How to have perfect perspective in Update 2.8

so before, there was a method to get perfect perspective. it was so amazing that I was heavily relied on that on all of my renders. the Idea was to get 2-point perspective, without actually having to straight any lines. (Where the camera was completely straight.) it had no tension. I called it perfect perspective.

Here is how it used to work. if you were using 2-point perspective for a while (or at least you changed the scene once after you make it 2-point perspective) you could press P (or even F8) and the camera would change to Perspective, but it would reset the camera direction to perfect horizontal, so it would still look 2-point perspective but without any tension or any weird looking vertical lines.

as of update 2.8 the camera won’t reset and keeps the direction. this is surely useful for some people but it’s seriously hurting me and my renders. I was even considering going back to 2.7 just because of this. I wanted to post a request to bring it back, but then I found work around. so, I decided to post it here maybe others need it too.

first create your view, then you have to press on little camera next to the scene, to open camera options. then change the camera to perspective, now you notice there a change in “rotation” value of “Y”. just change it to Zero. it usually is not time consuming when you have 3-4 view, but in my last project there were 23 renders and honestly, I was heartbroken!

who knows, maybe D5 would bring it back. for example, if you press P it would change to Perspective (with no reset) and when you press something else, like O for some reason, it would straight the camera.

keep creating!

Hello, after 2.8 we have made changes to two-point perspective and perspective view switching. In earlier versions, the two-point perspective function would automatically revert to perspective when switching viewpoints. However, the current design is that after entering two-point perspective mode and switching lenses, the viewpoint will always remain two-point perspective. If a perspective view is selected, switching lenses will also keep the perspective view.

3 Likes

I got it, but honestly, I really liked the former version. I thought it’s intentional. as I said my whole rendering was based on that. I’m just happy there is a way to do it still. but seriously some stuff in the software is odd and you don’t know it’s intentional or not.

but I really did post this thread as a workaround for people like me. I think you should have entire section of community for this website for people to post their tips and tricks. it can be titled “Tips & Tricks” in Get Help or Content Hub. something like announcements where you teach us stuff, but mostly backed by community.

speaking of adding a new section to the community, I would suggest bug report as well. for example, when you import an asset or press Ctrl D and copy an existing object and decide to use C or R to scale or rotate the imported or copied object, this action will also cause the next object you choose from asset library to be exactly at the size or the angle of last object. this kinda makes you don’t want to use C or R so it won’t ruin your next import.

now I assumed this is intentional, so I did open a thread in Ideas and requests for this, but this is not a cool request like “real displacement” which people would upvote, but if there were a section for bug report, I would consider this a bug and post a thread there, without needing to worry if people upvote this!

1 Like

Thanks for your advice. I think you’re right, it does have the potential to cause some unnecessary misunderstandings. We will make some improvements in this regard afterwards.

2 Likes