How to go back to original material?

So, after importing a SketchUp file, I changed the color (material) of the doors, but now I can’t figure out how to delete the D5 material and go back to the original door color. Does anyone know how to delete the D5 material of an object and go back to the original way?

Hello, it is hard to do that as D5 will keep the material applied in D5. You can change the material name in SketchUp, then save the file, then reload the model in D5.

1 Like

Oh ok great thanks for the tip.

I’m new to D5 and this is a pain point for me in my workflow as I creatively design my interior spaces. I go back and forth on multiple material variations and the method you provided gets out of hand very quickly. Is this functionality being looked at by the dev team in any way?

Hi tim1, The current logic for synchronising materials via direct read [update model] is that:

1. Once imported, all materials are no longer modified by the material parameters in the modelling software.

2. Only the material with the new material name will be re-synced as a new material, the updated model will only recognise the new material name.

The most efficient way to revert to a material in the modelling software is to rename your material in the modelling software and then update/re-sync the model.

Sorry for the inconvenience, we will consider improving it in the future.

Hi,

Any progress on this? This is a mojor source of frustration for me as well. A button to revert to the original model texture would be extremely useful.

Thanks,
Alain

Agreed, really need to have a back button on previous material choices…at the moment, If i’m deciding between paint colours, i have to write down the number code #fffff etc so i’ve got a record of what looked good. It doesn’t work to simply keep adding materials to your library as i would have around 100 per project by the time i’m done and they all look the same on first glance.

Hello, it’s not available to go back to the original material with one click yet, but we will consider this feature in the future.