How to delete Grass Asset?

Hi - newbie D5 user here.
I’m trying to delete a grass asset that I brushed to a whole topographic surface. I think the asset is too graphic intensive as it’s slowing down navigation around the model. When I go to delete through the Brush History the model stops responding and I get a wheel of death, and have to end task through the task manager. Any suggestions?
Thanks, Sam

Hi mate, can you tell me your hardware info, especially the GPU and its memory space? Is your scene big or contains too many brush assets? if it aways crashes when you delete through the brush history, please tell us again.

1. Maybe if you change the preferences for the LOD as well as the near scaling and far scaling it might help reduce the load on the PC and help you delete the brushed part.
  2. Maybe use the historical feature and revert back to the model before you used the scattering of the grass. File>Historical Versions.

I suffer from the same Delima sometimes @sampb_7 due to my huge massive landscape areas. Next time try and reduce the scattering intent of the models for grass. :slight_smile:
Maybe try that.

2 Likes

1 Like