Heavily distorted shadows after updating

Hi, first time posting here, I need help with a basic light (sun) issue that appeared after updating D5 to 2.6.1.
I had a file synced to previous version of D5, everything was ok, than before beginning the texturing process I updated the program and when I opened and synced the file again, this was the shadow cast by an elipse window. A simple circuar one shows up as a square and everything else is pixelated as well.

I’ve tried to copy the model to a new file and therefore created a new D5 file, but the same thing happened. I’ve also tested if the same distortion will happen to a simple model (circular tube) and the shadow was messed up as well.
Does anybody know what’s going on here? The program is basically unusable like this and I need to finish my work this week.

Hi Have you updated your RTX card?

Hi, I have an external GTX graphic card (GeForce GTX 1080) in case that makes a difference. I use D5 on a laptop with this but the issue showed up even when the external card wasn’t connected and everything should be updated on my laptop.

I also use the laptop with a 16GB GTX1070 card, nothing external, it works great.
You must have the GeForce icon on your laptop, you must click where the icons are hidden at the bottom right, and click on GeForce Experience, but if you haven’t installed it yet, you must go to the site and create the account link, like this you will have your personal page on your laptop, there are two versions of update one and Studio the other is Game Ready, I use Studio.
Do this update and then tell me if you solved it
PS: use one of those upgrades and see how it goes.
PS: usa uno di quei aggiornamenti è vedi come và.

So I updated my driver (Intel UHD graphics 620) using Intel driver and support assistent to the newest version and now D5 for some reason doesn’t recognise the driver and says I don’t meet system requirements. However I connected my external graphic card again and once D5 launched using that one the issue dissapeared and the shadows seem ok. I am very confused. There are things to fix, but for now it somehow works so I’ll come back to it later. Thanks for your help.

Hello, your laptop’s features, especially the Intel UHD graphics 620 video card, does not work with the D5 rendering engine. There are specifications to make it work, I think you read this when you learned about this program, so use an external GTX card. But the update you did, I don’t know how, you made sure that some of the drives on the laptop synchronized well with that of the GTX 1080 that you have externally, perhaps it didn’t connect well.
In the future I recommend you buy a nice laptop with a built-in latest generation RTX card with a large HD and a lot of RAM for both the laptop and graphics card.
To avoid making mistakes, look at the operating specifications with different cards, then you must always keep them updated.
I’m glad you solved it one way or another, Good job

Hi! Could you please show me your system info?