Glowing reflections

Hello D5 Team!

The new update’s features are amazing!!!

Only one thing…
In the previous version as well, if I add some metalic effect to a material the objects in the reflections are glowing (like emessive). It doesn’t matter if light hits the surface or not.
Also everything in a mirror surface is glowing.

1. image (without metalic)

1. image (with metalic)

1. image (mirror)

I exported a few models from D5 2.05 to “d5a” and opened it in D5 1.8.1.
All the metalic materials were glowing and when I checked the material settings, all of them had the “emessive” turned on with max value.

I think this bug is still in version 2.1 sadly.

1 Like

Hello forizs, I consulted tech team and they told me that is because we adjusted the code of emissive materials and metal in last several versions. I think this is not a bug because the old version 1.8, 1.9 are too old, and we have many fixes and improvements in 2.0 and 2.1, and that is why we recommend using the latest version…The effect of metal should be more accurate.

Hey Oliver,
Sorry for the late reply. The reason why I’m still using older version (1.8) is because they were more realistic in my perspective.

The images from above are from 2.1, so in my opinion they aren’t more accurate, they are worst than before.

In the previous versions there is a problem to have reflective surfaces in reflections, but still the “colors, contrasts, etc” in reflections are way more accurate than in 2 or 2.1.

Can you give me a good setup for mirror? -maybe I’m the one who’s not able set it. :slight_smile:

This is an image from 1.8.1.

I’m unable to create the same reflectivity in mirrors in the new (2.0, 2.1) versions.

1 Like

Could you please test the comparison of output and preview for us?
This may be related to our adjusted GI strategy :wink:
thanks for your help!

Ok, it’s done.

So, I made 3 images.

1. preview from D5 2.1 with 0,2 metalic added to the marble surface.
    As you can see the kitchen tower is glowing on the marble surface’s reflection.
    Also there is a glow on the marble behind the armchair but it’s in the dark and there must be shadow in “reality”

2. A render from the preview from above with the same settings.
    Even the floor lamp has a strange bluish color on it’s conturs (there’s also some metalic aded to the lamps color).

3. A render with 0.0 metalic on the marble surface.

I’m using HDRi with an amount of 0,25.

Old versions Didn’t have this issue with metalic add on a surface.

I understand that reflection and metalic are not the same, but in the real world material composition like special lacquer, paints for wood, some stones, etc contains iron oxide, so adding a small amount of “metalness” to a surface is making the render more realistic.

Again, old D5 had no problem with this.
If I export a “d5a” with a metalic surface from 2.1 to 1.8.1 everything (with metalic add on) will be glowing and having their emessive turn on with a max value.

My question:
Is it possible for the next version of D5 to not having the emessive and reflectivity affecting eachother this way?

Okay, we’ll dig into the cause of this issue after the holidays! Thanks for your test!

Hi forizs, could you compress this scene file folder then send it to our support email: support@d5techs.com?
Our dev team will look into this issue and check how we can improve the reflections, thanks in advance! Of course we will keep the file confidential.

Best regards,
Oliver

Hi Oliver,

Sorry for my late reply. For two moth I will be managing a construction, so I won’t be able to send you my scene folder.

If I get back (and remember), I will send the folder.
Thank You and sorry again for the late reply.

No problem forizs, thank you for your reply.