Glass reflection has white lines at higher Resolution

Hello there good people!

As per title, I’ve been having this problem lately with glass reflections where if I render an image at 8k+ resolution It shows these white lines in the reflection. Any idea on how to deal with this?

Help would be appreciated!

Hello, the glass material is from the D5 assets library, or your own files? Maybe it has a special Base color map? Besides, the glass has a thickness in the modeling software and it is not single face, right?

Thank you Oliver for replying. The glass material is from D5 basic materials. There is a base normal (bump) map attached to it, but the value is zero. I’ll remove it and try again.

Also, I’m using 2 different meshes for front and backside of the window.
I will use a single mesh for the entire glass and see if that also makes any difference.

I’ll write back if this solved the problem.
Thanks again!

Hi. I’m having the same issue. Were you able to solve this? Thank you!

Hi, please check the video driver version and make sure it is updated. Besides, is the model very far away from the origin point in modeling software?

I’ve been having problems with glazing (not like this one reported with horizontal lines) in one project. The problem was that the panes were too thin in thickness (window with two panes close together). I solved it by increasing the thickness of the glazing to a larger thickness, I think 1 cm.

Hi Oliver. Thanks for addressing my question. My nvidia drivers are up to date. I’ve also have the glass geometry both with thickness and as a single plane, also checked the normals. I’ve doubled the target output resolution but I’m still having the white contour issue around people in front of the glasses.
Any help would be great since I have a deadline around the corner. :S

Hello, the problem is white edges around peoplr in front of the glass, right? It seems not the same as the origin post. First, please make sure your D5 Render is updated: 2.2.1.0319.
If the problem remains, I sent you a private message for further troubleshooting, please check it.