Error: The material of the model cannot be reused

Hi Team,
I am facing an error while applying the material in D5 for Sketchup. Please have a look at the attached screenshot for details. This is happening to all my project files.
Kindly assist.
Thank you

Hi, to confirm, you are trying to apply materials from D5 library to a Sketch model, right?
This error message may appear when we click too quickly…If you click on the material, then wait for about several seconds for it to load, then apply it after the material picker’s icon is shown:

If the problem remains for this project, (or for all projects), please let me know, we may need to collect log file or a sample file for further troubleshooting.

Thanks,
Oliver

It is still the same. One thing that I forgot to mentioned was this: I am travelling right now and connecting my workstation using teamviewer and a dummy HDMI plug. This is the only thing that has changed since the last functional instance. Do you think this is causing the problem? I’ve asked someone to check the computer physically with a display connect. I’ll let you know if that works. As of now, material pricker is not working as well.
PC Config:
Ryzen 5 3600xt
Zotac RTX 3080 Trinity OC
3x16GB DDR4 Corsair 3200Mhz

I checked. This problem was occurring because of Teamviewer. Is there any way that can resolve this issue?

Hi kinshuk, sorry, we did not reproduce the problem using Teamviewer, and the problem may also related to the hardware and software environment. If you wait for a minute after selecting a material, the problem remains? Is it laggy when you using D5 in Teamviewer?

We have the same problem. We tried to reinstall but it doesnt help.

Hi guys, have you upgraded D5 Render to 2.3? The update should fix the problem.

I still have the same issue here with 2.3. Sometimes hard to pick specific material ( Shortcut I )…

Hi all, this error message often appears when the model is too far away from the origin point. Please check the location of the model, or you could move it to 0,0,0 to see whether it can work.

we will optimize this.

I have the same problem here, from 3Ds max. In the older version i don’t have these problem. non selectable objects and the layer is unloked

Hello, can you show me a screenshot of the problem? Normally moving the model to 0,0,0 should work. But it will help us a lot if you can show me a screenshot, or send the files to support@d5techs.com directly.

Hi there, we have identified this problem, and I would summarize the possible causes here. Please check them and give it a try. The error message happens when

1. The material of the model is still being loaded. Or the material in D5 library is still being downloaded.
  2. The target object you select is a plant from D5 assets library, whose materials can be edited, but cannot be replaced.
  3. The model is located too far away from the origin point (0,0,0). In this case, please move the model to (0,0,0) or closer to it, then check the result.

Best regards,
Oliver

Hello there, same problem here. I’m trying to learn without any luck :frowning:

I’m using 3dsmax 2023 with the D5 plugin and D5 3.4

I’m using Google Remote Desktop to access the computer

• The model has no material so there’s no chance it’s being loaded
  • The target model is not a plant, it’s a teapot modeled in 3ds max
  • The model is at 0,0,0

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks!

Ok, I found the error. It’s a bug, I think?

Try #1. Here’s what I did: I connected to the computer and tried using D5 through Google Remote Desktop. This prevented me from applying any materials to basic geometry imported from 3ds Max, or adding any assets (couldn’t drag any trees, or shrubs, and couldn’t also mark any assets as favorite)

Then I restarted the computer (logged out of Google Remote Desktop, of course)

Try #2: I used the same computer but locally with a mouse and a keyboard, not through Remote Desktop. Everything worked perfectly.

The problem is I’m the owner of the Visualization Studio, and I’m evaluating whether we switch from Corona Renderer to D5, but I have employees working from their homes in other states, so I need them to work through Google Remote Desktop.

Any thoughts are welcome. Thank you!

Leo.