Drone / tracking

Hello,
i’d like to know if it is possible to import drone video and track to place 3D models in real shoot ?
Or tracking in another software then import datas ?

If it is not possible, how to import terrain, like 3D google map terrain to fake a large background ?
Like scenes in demo reel :slight_smile:

thank you

1 Like

hi there, just to be sure if anybody knows ?

Hello kana,
I consulted our teammate who made this scene and here is his answer:

1. Currently, we do not support importing cameras and video sequences, so we can not make that drone video, but we will probably have video sequences in the next update.
  2. You can export models from Google map, then import them into D5 as background( distant view). To learn the steps, you could search “blender google 3d model” on Youtube and there are many tutorials, it is very easy.
  3. For those buildings in close view, they are made by CityEngine, including the pattern of road distribution, the whole terrain, and those unimportant buildings.

The green area is from Google map. The yellow area, and the whole terrain, are from CityEngine.

And here are two suggestions he gave :laughing:

1. Use programs like CityEngine to do those unimportant things, instead of wasting time doing it manually.
  2. Extract some Google map models to D5. The best way to use those models is to set a distant view, add Fog effect against the light, to make the perspective feeling in the air and increase the depth of the scene.
6 Likes

So cool, i didn’t expect for a so good answer :wink:
thanks a lot.
i hope one dayt we will be able to have real camera from a 3D software (after tracking) to integrate into real shot !

But thank you very much for your answer, it will be really helpful !

haha, no problem :laughing:

This is a great response. Is D5 exploring ways to have tracked footage for composite work such as this example?

Hi, yeah, we are still exploring…I am not sure when we can import camera movement track, but it is on the roadmap for sure.

2 Likes

Great to hear - I hope you’re able to find a way.