Drag and Drop

After I installed version 2.6 I was able to perform a drag and drop for materials and suddenly I’m unable to do so. I drag an image into the material slot and I’m getting the circle with a slash in it. I just re-installed 2.6 and it didn’t fix that. Would am I doing wrong?

It doesn’t work when I run D5 as administrator. At least on my machine.

Hello, could you please show a screenshot of this issue? 2.6 supports dragging texture files from local folder to the map slot in the right sidebar, do you mean this feature failed?

Luna,

Anyone can test this on a Windows machine. On mine, Windows 10 Pro, drag and drop doesn’t work when D5 is run as an administrator. When run as administrator it doesn’t work and shows this symbol: :no_entry_sign:

I should add that the forward and back buttons on the mouse don’t work when opening files from within D5 when browsing through folders in administrator mode.

Hello, sorry for your issue. Please send your log file to us. This post shows how to collect logs. D5 Support Tool - Get Help / Tech Support - D5 RENDER FORUM We are also willing to help you solve your problems through remote support, which we can provide on weekdays from 10.00-18.00 CST. You can make an appointment with us at a time that is convenient for you during this time frame. You can download Ultra Viewer. WeTransfer - Send Large Files & Share Photos Online - Up to 2GB Free

It only occurs when D5 is run as an administrator.

Tech support should have an earlier zip log for the crash to desktop issues.

I’ve since run the following for Windows 10 from the command line:

sfc /scannow

DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

Still observing after these repairs if there was anything wrong with the Windows OS affecting D5. So far no CTD but we’ll see.

Has your problem been solved so far? Please contact me if it is not resolved.

Yes. The drag and drop issue was caused by administrator mode.

I think you can send us the log if it is convenient for you. We can check the logs to see what was done a few days ago and what errors may have been reported.