Don't light assets have built in light characteristics?

Hi all, I’m still learning D5 and I’m putting a project together with a few bollard lights and some string lights, but I can’t seem to find any light settings to adjust other than the material emissiveness, but that isn’t powerful enough to be useful. Do i have to manually create a light source for each bulb on the string lights etc?

Hi, have you tried with the graphics program you use, and then synchronize the lights you inserted, so they load automatically, you will find them in the objects drop-down menu on the left and you can group them by giving names, and then when you select them you can give them intensity light and color.

u can easily use this. :wink: have fun.
Screenshot 2024-05-10 095535

1 Like

I think the emissive feature could help. It also allows you to adjust the colours.

I thought the lights would have a ‘point light’ (or other) within them when I downloaded them so I could adjust all instances in one go. The string lights have a tiny emissive material filament that is barely visible, I had to carefully move into the very small model and find the relevant material and increase the light properties from 30 to 200,000 to see it at all - I must be doing something wrong.

One more thing if I may, how do I turn the lights off for daytime shots without turning the light layer off?

save a “SCENE” and in that particular scene u switch off all items ie/lights/etc…that u dont want…also u can set the mood etc.time etc…effects etc… on this particular scene… and when u go back to your original view… all things will go back to normal settings… vice-versa…

See my samples:

Screenshot 2024-07-25 104159