Disappointed with D5 support

Unfortunately, I am disappointed with D5 support. On March 2nd I wrote the following post:

My old Post

On March 7th 2023 I was supposed to send the Sketchup model to the support, which I did. Since then, despite a follow-up request on March 19th 2023 on the forum and via email, I have not heard anything back.

Since the problem still exists, I would still appreciate a response/solution.

I can’t imagine that I’m the only one who has this problem?

I was actually planning to switch from Lumion to D5, I am now hesitant. Although Lumion has many weaknesses and is too expensive, the support is excellent.

Hello! D5 has a responsive community on Facebook :slight_smile: Might want to check it out.

Here’s the link for the Facebook group! D5 Render Community | Facebook

On the responsiveness of D5 render compared to Lumion. In my opinion, Lumion is a big corporation with a big team so maybe that’s their reason for excellent support. D5 on the other hand is a rather smaller company compared to Lumion which equates to a smaller team.

Hi,Phil,

We feel so sorry for the delay of response, I have already reported this prombles since last time. Now we are going to solve this kind of terrrin issures and optimize the curves display as soon as possible.

Thank you for your consistent feadback.
Bruce

Hi Phil, sorry for missing your message sent last time. I consulted the related team and got the file you sent, the problem is that SketchUp uses polygons instead of nurbs, therefore on those curves it is displayed like that in D5. We have forwarded this problem to our dev team to see whether we can make some optimizations when reading these kinds of models. Thank you for your comprehension and reporting this problem.

Hi adlaonrobb,

thank you very much for your link. I will take a look at the Facebook group when I have the chance. I had assumed that the forum was the appropriate place for such inquiries, but I am not getting any younger :wink:

Greetings, Phil!

Hi Bruce & Oliver,

thank you very much for your feedback :slight_smile: .

It’s good to know that work is currently being done on this issue. As long as the problem persists, I won’t be able to use D5, as it’s impossible for me to create exterior renderings.

I would be great if a solution could be found soon and you could let me know about it. I don’t think it’s an insignificant problem for all Sketchup users…

Thank you for your efforts!

Best regards,

Phil

Hi Phil, yeah, unfortunately we may need some time to optimize this part to soften that kind of faces in D5. You can try the workaround I mentioned in your last topic:

Hello Oliver,

the origin terrain, which is “better”, I created with Sketchup’s standard terrain tool. Since the edges were not smoothed in D5, I copied the terrain and further subdivided it with “SUbD” from “Evil Software Empire”.

I have installed the “Soap Skin & Bubble” and use it for other purposes as well. However, it is not suitable for creating terrains for projects, because the terrains are usually much more complicated and connect to buildings, walls, roads, etc… But also the “SUbD” tool would help me only conditionally for the creation of terrains.

I hope I could help further…

Greetings, Phil!

1 Like

Hello,

is there any news regarding the issue?

Best regards,

Phil

Hi mate, we have improved a little.If you are still unsatisfied, you can smooth the polygons in Sketchup in some ways or use Rhino with nurbs curves to build the landform.

Good morning everyone,
If you rarely need a Nurbs modeler, the following is a good choice
Moment of Inspiration.

Is much cheaper than Rhino and compatible with D5!

I use for years.

Bye
Andreas

1 Like

Would this kind of problem be solved with D5 supporting larger radius for round corner? If grass material gets large radius round corner, the zagged terrain from SKP may look softer.

Thank you for your advice.