D5 Rhino Synch

D5 Rhino Synch (Elements of my 3D Model not showing up in D5

Hello, I used a lot of subd tools in my rhino model and it is quite heavy, around 111 MB. I tried opening it in D5 because I need to start rendering, and a huge chunk of my model is missing :frowning: Please I really need help.

My model:

My model in D5:

Already have D5 updated to the latest version.

i assume u have applied modifiers to create shapes. if so then try to copy complte model make a copy and try to make object editable mesh. to collapse modifier stack. and try to import again.

Hello, currently sub d models are only supported to be synced to D5 with the plugin, direct import is not supported.

hi! thanks so much for this. i was actually able to import my model to d5 using live sync and on my PC instead of my laptop, but i think i really need to upgrade my ram (currently at 16 GB). I was able to finish what I needed to do but at a pretty slow frustrating rate, laggy frames and all. What do you think? Should I upgrade my ram?

1 Like

Hi! The live sync actually worked for me, would you recommend I get this plugin as well as another option? :slight_smile:

Yeah, live sync works, but if your import the sub d model directly, the sub d model will not be imported successfully. Regarding the RAM issue, you can check your RAM usage, if it is often at a higher level, I think you can try to replace it with a bigger one.

When do you think SubD issue is going to be fixed?

I think this is not a bug, but a feature that D5 has not supported yet. If you use the sync plugin, the sub d model can be successfully synced to D5. But if the sub d models can not be imported to D5 directly now.

so when do you think SubD import issue is going to be fixed?