D5 Render is closing all of sudden

Hi D5 Render Team,

Recently whenever I try to work on D5 Render, after sometime it closes automaticly and I am getting message: TDR may cause software crashes. Before I was working on very big projects and I never get this kind of problem. How can this happen because I have Graphic card NVIDIA RTX A5500 Laptop GPU. I run D5 Render as a Administrator and I even restart my laptop but I still get the same problem.

Could you please checkt it and help me?

Best regards
Syarifah Fitriyah

For the last week and half I’ve dealt with the same problem . My D5 will crash randomly and say the same TDR error notification.

Hi guys, @work @aaime

Have you tried the way to increase the TDR recovery value? You can refer to this blog for more information about the TDR problem.

How to solve Timeout Detection Recovery problem when rendering (d5render.com)

Hi Team - I have also experience a crash. But I do not get any error messages. D5 just close without any warning. It happens when rendering or when I am editing objects. And it is not project related. Will monitor more closely to see if there is a pattern.

Hi mate, Is this project big? Can you tell me your hardware information and the version of the GPU driver and D5? If it crashed again, you can send us the log files for troubleshooting.

It is also happening to us. Started last week while workig with regular files. The software started to halt randomly. We already changed the TDR value but the problem is still there.

At any time all freezes and D5 has to be closed via Task Manager. Sometimes even the blank start scene can’t be loaded (never reaching the 100%). We tried reinstalling D5 and today we even got one of our computers formatted assuming it could be a driver issue but it isn’t. Sometimes we can open a file, but altough menus and bars are responsive at first, the viewport always appears frozen, then all becomes stuck.

RTX3080ti
AMD Ryzen 7
128 GB Ram
Nvidia Driver: 531.79 and 536.23

Hi mate, can you tell me your system version, it was probably caused by that, you can check it here.

Also, Can you send the log files to us for troubleshooting? support@d5techs.com
How to collect log files:
D5 Support Tool - Tech Support - D5 RENDER FORUM

Thanks Bruce! Through several Windows updates everything is running fine now!

1 Like

Thanks for the update.

1 Like

Hi, what kind of updates solved it, my window is updated to latest version but I am still experiencing the exact same pattern of problems you had, tried start as administer, or increase tdr etc. but problem is going on, I would be very glad if you can share how you solve the problem. Thanks in advance.

been having the same issue but only during the start of a render.

We’re on Windows 10 Ver. 22H2 Comp. SO 19045.4170. Everything is fine now. Remember to update the Nvidia Studio driver too!