D5 RENDER Challenge|Time to Win D5 Render Pro

D5 RENDER Challenge|Time to Win D5 Render Pro

UPDATE
Hi everyone.

The first D5 RENDER Challenge has closed the application for entries.

You can still vote for your favorite works.

We received over 100 entries.

While feeling everyone’s enthusiastic participation, we also heard some voices worthy of attention:
I have prepared for a long time and uploaded a little late, so now I do not have enough likes

Therefore, we decide to extend the Voting Period to 12th, August. We will announce the awards on 12th August.

*The selection and publicity timeline will be slightly different from the original plan. Thank you all for understanding and supporting us.

Hi everyone! Thank you so much for your passion and active participation. We are really surprised and appreciate all of you, so after discussion, we decide to provide 5 more Pro accounts for you. Also, the event period is extended to the end of July.

For details please check this:

1. Now we will have 10 First prizes: Key to redeem perpetual D5 Pro account, and other prizes do not change:
  • 10 Second prizes: $100 Coupon for D5 Render
  • Unlimited Participation prizes: $50 Coupon for D5 Render
  • The Best Original Award: A surprise
  1. We extend the event period, and now the schedule is as below:
  • Event period: 00:00 AM, June 12, 2021, to 10:00 AM, July 31, 2021 (GMT+8)
  • Voting period: June 12, 2021, to August 12, 2021
  • Announcement of results: August 12, 2021, to August 19, 2021
  • Awarding prizes: August 20, 2021

Thanks again. Any suggestions are welcome. Besides, you could introduce D5 Render and this event to your friends or artists/architects around you, and let more people vote for your entries or join our event.

In June 2020, D5 Render was officially released. From 1.6.0 to 1.9.0, we have rolled out eight versions in the past year. Thanks to your support and understanding, D5 has made it this far with all the function, effect, efficiency, and stability… In the future, we will certainly bring to you a better version of the product with added creativity.

On the first anniversary of D5 Render, we are launching the very popular D5 Render Challenge!

Upload your works to D5 Forum and join the event. (Note: there will be standards to meet)

(please refer below for details)

Requirements

Use D5 Render 1.9.0 to create original scenes, output [Photo] or [Video] works, and follow the process below to participate in the competition.

• Rendering software: D5 Render 1.9.0

• Modeling software: Any

• Post-production software: Any

• Theme: Any

Note: This is the first public competition event for us, and actually it is more of welfare than a competition. Therefore, we decide not to limit the theme or type of work. Anything created with D5 Render is welcome.

Please indicate whether the model is original or not. If not, please indicate the source.
Still, bonus points shall be given to animation works. Please refer to the “Selection rules” for details.

Competition process

1. Read the introduction and rules about this event.

2. Prepare works with D5 Render 1.9.0.

3. Go to D5 Forum to participate in the competition

• In the official forum of D5 Render > Gallery > Create a new topic, and select the ‘D5-Render-Challenge’ tag when posting.

• Post format: The posting should include: Theme / Artist / Graphics card / Workflow / Post-processing methods / Whether the model is original / Model source / Brief description (optional)

An example: [D5 Render Challenge] An Example

• Upload picture: Click the Upload icon and upload pictures according to the prompts. To ensure the quality of the pictures, please submit 2 or more finished pictures in JPG or PNG format with a minimum resolution of 2K. The maximum file size is 4MB.

• Upload video: MP4 format with more than 20s of video length. Please upload the video to Youtube or other video platforms with a title beginning with “[D5 Render Challenge]”, then share the link in your post on D5 Forum.

4. Vote: You can vote for the works you like.

5. Result: The winning pieces shall be decided based on the number of likes.

6. Winning the award: Award will be given to those who win

Awards

• 10 First prizes: Key to redeem perpetual D5 Pro account

• 10 Second prizes: $100 Coupon for D5 Render

• Unlimited Participation prizes: $50 Coupon for D5 Render

• The Best Original Award: A surprise

Selection rules

• The top 20 are selected according to the number of likes, which is the sole criteria.

• For the top 20 winners, we may need you to submit the scene file to the D5 Team in a set period ( August 12, 2021, to August 19, 2021), in order to make sure that the work is originally created with D5 Render.

• The participation prizes can be obtained as long as the number of likes of the entry post reaches 20.

• *For those who upload videos, we will give bonus points. 10% of the likes from video platforms can be counted into the final result.

• The Best Original Award is only for entries mainly using original models and will be selected by D5 special judges.

Agenda

• Event period: 00:00 AM, June 12, 2021, to 10:00 AM, July 31, 2021 (GMT+8)

• Voting period: June 12, 2021, to August 12, 2021

• Announcement of results: August 12, 2021, to August 19, 2021

• Awarding prizes: August 20, 2021

Note: You could participate and upload your works during the whole Event period 00:00 AM, June 12, 2021, to 10:00 AM, July 31, 2021 (GMT+8)

Important notes

• The entries must be original works created by the participants using D5 Render 1.9.0. Infringement of patent, copyright, trademark, or other intellectual property rights of any other person will not be tolerated.

• The entries must indicate whether their models in the scene are original or not, if not, please indicate the source, and approval of the model creator is required.

• Please strictly follow the rules of the competition and submit your work in the specified format, otherwise, it will not be accepted.

• D5 Techs has the right to display and make public all winning pieces. Top20 winners have the opportunity to showcase their works in D5 Films.

• Malicious competition/vote hacking is prohibited, participants with such actions shall be disqualified.

9 Likes

Thank you so much guys! I think this is a very good opportunity for all free D5 users. I would have loved a discount a while ago. But I have no regrets for the investment I made.

Good luck to all!

4 Likes

Hi Ivan, thank you~Pro users are welcome to participate too. We will provide more awards in the future.

3 Likes

Hi Oliver,
I wonder, why we have to send atleast two renderings?
So all users with one image cannot take part.
Wow!

1 Like

Hi, our aim is to encourage uses to render more than one angle, first, it could help us appreciate the works, and second, we want users to create works for the event, not to upload old works directly…Thank you for your understanding and patience, and hope to see your entry :blush: If you only have one image, please try other angles or styles then render another one, maybe you could find something surprising~

1 Like

Thanks for the explanation.
Why don’t you make two different sections?
Animations and stills?
Both are completely different.

3 Likes

Yes, we once took it into consideration, but after discussion, we think this is the first time we hold this kind of event, and it is more like welfare rather than competition. Our aim is to make sure every participant can win some award, so we do not make two different sections. Of course in the future we will have more awards, and will make different sections, also give different themes.

Thanks,
Oliver

1 Like

hey, my computer is asus zenbook pro, ı have a problem like this, ı cant open my Projects. when ı try to open my project it freezes at 5 percent and the file name is not visible.
please help me. ı try to open this file different computers ıts working… problem is in my computer.