[D5 Render Challenge II] Understand the Distance - Nahue

:star2: About the Challenge

Theme: Understand the Distance
Artist: Nahue
Graphics Card: GTX 1660 SUPER 6GB
Workflow: SketchUp + D5 Render
Post-processing: Photoshop for general adjustment. Adobe Premier Pro
Source of assets that are not from D5 asset library: Landscape models from 3DWarehouse, textures from texture.com megascans from quixel, others are all from the d5asset library.

:notebook_with_decorative_cover: Description of the work:

โ€œThe location of my scene does not have a real place, the exterior is inspired by my memories of the landscapes I saw on my school trips in Cordoba, Mendoza and the Santa Fe waterfront. The interior is a mixture of my room and my imagination.

If I had to give a distance, it would be 350 km, this is the distance I have from my hometown (Tostado) to Santa Fe (city where I study), and 350 km from Santa Fe to the forest that inspire the scene.

The story of my scene is based on my feelings (and I think that of all the students) who leave their family and their home to go to study, staying alone in a completely unknown place Sometimes the concrete jungle feels like a dark forest, where i can feel lost.

Apart from that, the scene represents myself. The cold, hard and strong forest is what i think i must look like. While the cabin represents the hope of being with my family again, the nostalgic memories that make me want to return. This feelings where stronger during the pandemic.

Although the cabin may seems small, when you are alone and far away from home, having a bed, a table and kitchen, can makes you feel in the inmnensity of loneliness.

Understand the distance, because after two years of reflection, I got to understand and value things that we sometimes put aside, that we donโ€™t give importance to. Two years of reflection made me realize that technology is not enough and emotions guide us the way. โ€

:earth_africa: Location of your scene: hometown Tostado

:round_pushpin: Distance : 350 km

3 Likes