D5 Render and Google Drive

Hi! I work in a architecture company where we share archives through Google Drive.
Recently anytime use a D5 project upload on Google Drive there is a message error, saying it wasn’t possible to upload some of D5 files into the Drive, that we don’t have permision to do so. Then a LOT of automatic pictures, folders and other files go to the main page of the Drive.

Any idea of might be causing that?

Prints:

Imagem do WhatsApp de 2024-02-27 à(s) 10.34.59_9104a6a0

1 Like

Do you compress D5 files? For example, Rar or 7zip.

Currently, I also share scene D5 via GG Driver, when I compress the file and send it, that error does not occur.

1 Like

Hi @primadopo.arq

We’ve also found in the process of working before that Google Drive will automatically compress the D5 folder, which can cause some problems in uploading and downloading. However, if you compress the D5 folder first before uploading, you can avoid some errors. Please let me know if the problem remains.

Well, in my case I’m using the Google Drive App, it just sync in all the computers.
If I use the D5 file while it is on Google Drive there is this problem, but if I copy the same file to the Desktop and work on it there, no issues…

1 Like

This should have something to do with some privacy settings of Google Drive and supposedly not only for uploading D5 files. Thanks for sharing your experience. :kissing_heart: