D5 Freezes @10% When Trying to Save Project

I have encountered a problem after updating to Version 2.5. After opening a project i made in 2.4 and trying to save a 2.5 version, my D5 freezes and stalls at 10%. I really need to work on this file and i am not sure what to do. Could anyone help?

Hi, have you tried upgrading your graphics card?

See also the BackUp in the folder where your project file is, there are the temporary files, if there are try to open with the historical file, if it opens there are three of different dates the first and the last where you worked there do the BackUp, see if it opens.

Hi mate, does it keep freezing at 10%? although it stucks but it should be saved during the process. If the problem still persists, please tell us.

It seems like my file finally saved after a while at 10%. At first it was freezing pretty bad and then it eventually went through after I tried it another time. I will let you know if the issue pops up in the future. Thanks!

1 Like

Thank you for your update, please tell us if it happens again.

I am still having the problem with saving files. Even new files seem to get stuck trying to save and then my D5 stops responding. I never had these issues on the previous versions and I have a really good computer. I tried to download the 2.4 older version of D5 to work on my project files but since I had downloaded the new plugin for Revit , it says I have to use version 2.5.

Could you help me with this problem? I responded back and haven’t heard anything yet.

Hi mate, Did you save the work to local or the server?

Please send the log files to us for troubleshooting,
support@d5techs.com

How to collect log files:
D5 Support Tool - Get Help / Tech Support - D5 RENDER FORUM

If you are urgent with your projects, here is the link to download 2.4 and the old version of Revit:
D5 Render 2.4 Download link - Get Help / Tech Support - D5 RENDER FORUM

Also, Can we schedule a time for remote assistance? I will contact you in Discord

Hey Bruce. We save our files on our company server and not on our local due to file sizes and collaboration efforts. This has worked perfectly in the last versions of D5. I never had the issue until right after i upgraded to the 2.5 version. I am sending an email right now to the support@d5techs.com that has my log files. I will temporarily try to downgrade to 2.4 version so i can attempt to work on my projects.