Custom transparency

I’m trying to replicate in D5 something that I’m used to do in other renderer, but so far, I’m unable to do it…

The idea is to define the transparency level of a material by using an opacity map. It’s normally used to create complex skyscraper facade without modeling everything such as this one (photography…):

The thing is that in D5, if I’m adding a map in the transparency slot of a transparent material, I’m getting something quite bad, completly dark in the opaque areas. Is there a way to change that ? will it be added in the future ?

Example :
The map :

In Thea render (what I try to replicate) :

How it looks in D5 :

Greetings, Indeed at my surprise we cannot get alpha opacity with smooth transition.
Alas.
It is a great weakness of D5 Render (even last version)

Hello! Could you show us one screenshot of your image? Also, if possible, could you please send us your texture map and scene file?

Hullo, thank you for your sign.

Here is a link to the folder with two images in question and the SU file)

Simply, I cannot reproduce the same result in D5 - the smooth texture/material transition.
I can manage to achieve it in Lumion for instance.

Many thanks in advance.

PS I tried to apply as a Alpha texture modified black and white gradation, in vain.

Really thank you for your files, we will check it. :heart:

Hi! I suggest that you can use the cloth material to achieve semitransparent effect. Currently, the translucency feature is still in development, and the cloth material can help you get a close effect.

Thank you for the suggestion.
Alas this method dies not work in this very case…
One cannot achieve the clear graded transparency.

I have tried it before contacting y.

Hope this feature will be implemented soon.

Thanks for your advice, we will try our best to work on it.