Curtain problem

Hello. I am a professional user. I can’t solve the curtain problem. If I add a curtain to my scene, it looks like there’s snow outside.

What did the window look like before you added the curtain?

Hello Selda, from the picture, it seems the problem is related to the window and outside settings, could you please show us a screenshot of the room without the curtains?

İn these renders; first I erased the curtain. Second I changed its material ,The I used a material which is name ‘white gauze curtain’ in the assets of the program. and in the others I try a few thing but I could not see the sky behind the curtain.

Uploading: A208D9FA-D0D9-48F9-8ECF-90A9220B85D8.png…
Uploading: 2C50C022-F6E3-4F22-A910-E443DC660EB8.png…

I’m glad that I’m not the only who has found this glitch. No matter what material you use or material template, D5 Render cannot accurately render translucent fabric. In the following images I used an actual mesh with holes in it from Revit. I tried the custom template and the foliage template. The result was still a frosty milky white rendering. Changing the glass specular setting to zero also does not do anything.

As you can see, before rendering, the background looks like one would expect. You can see color and highlights and shadow:

HOWEVER, once the scene is rendered everything turns grey and white like a frosty winter scene. It almost appears that the darker a material is, the lighter it will appear like the dark wood window frames.

For comparison here are some actual photos that show how a background in reality looks through translucent material:

SheerDrapery Real2

D5 Render team please, please fix this problem.

1 Like

The issue is no better using D5 Render curtain assets:

Hello,thank you both for reporting this problem, we will have a solution to this, and I will keep you updated here.

I see that in the sample model the D5 team had better luck with a more realistic effect:

Ando_D5 Curtain

However, the sunlight is much more diffuse.

A similar issue affects when glass is frosted too: