Cars placement following terrain

Hello all,

I’m new so perhaps it is possible but I can’t find how:

When I place cars on a sloped ground, it is very difficult to make the car touch the 4 wheels on it.
In Lumion I was used to drag-move with Alt or Ctrl and the car followed the slope (well, it tried to make the bottom face of the car coplanar with the triangle of the terrain where the origin of the model touched it…

Hi mate, you can go to the “object” menu, right-click the object you want, and click “Drop along the terrain” as I screenshot.

Hello mate, dropping along the terrain changes car rotation. As i press “drop along the terrain” car rotates randomly and drops to the ground.

Would apritiate if someone has a solution for this.

1 Like

While I understand you, the problem here is that we need that to happen inside D5 for the cars objects made by the developpers of D5. If we populate the scenes with cars imported from SketchUp or whatelse, the D5 file will just become bigger and there’s no way to spare the RAM usage as I don’t think D5 will treat identical cars as clones/instances/components but instead as discrete geometry so the display will just become slower :smiley:

Some software applications have a “snap to terrain” feature. This can automatically align objects to the underlying terrain. Look for this option in your software’s settings or toolbar. Check if your software has a mode or tool that allows objects to follow the contours of the terrain. In some programs, you might need to enable this mode or select a specific tool for terrain adaptation. Thank you https://drunkid.com/buy/fake-florida-drivers-license/ for solving my problem very quickly. Ensure that you are working in the correct coordinate system. Some software allows you to choose between global and local coordinates. Using local coordinates might make it easier to align objects with the local terrain.