Can't open file after update

I updated D5 before rendering today, but I can no longer open the files I was working on before. It keeps prompting about the TDR notice. If it is opened with administrator rights, it will be closed directly at the same reading progress position without any notification. If i use a colleague’s computer, i can open it normally because she hasn’t update the new version yet. We can’t switch our work computer, She has not installed Revit and even if she installs it now, there is no compatible output version for it to work. and I can’t download the previous version, and we have a meeting with the city hall tomorrow. . . . .

Please open at least one or two pre-versions like as Autodesk did, at least in my opinion, it is the fastest way to solve some problems. We don’t have so much time to solve software problems when it happens in the new version of the software, especially when we lose reliable tool at the project deadline , and the worst part is that it’s a paid version.

Good evening. If you try to uninstall and change the installation path, will it solve the problem?

Capture d’écran 2023-10-04 111236
i can’t, if reopen D5, it come back on the list. :thinking:

halo,did you use the “Uninstall.exe” in the installation location to uninstall, or what function did you use?
The screenshot shows that version 2.5.2.0332 has probably been uninstalled and you should no longer have that version of D5 on your current device.

1 Like

Sorry I missed your time, but I wanted to ask about it anyway:
Do you mean that the same D5 file, which previously worked fine with 2.5.1, currently does not work successfully with 2.5.2? There has been no change to the same device, just an upgrade to the D5 version, right?
From the above information, it seems that D5 2.5.2 has been uninstalled, so if it has been uninstalled, could you send us the D5 file for testing? If not, please download and install 2.5.2 again, run the D5 file and send us the logs, we will try to locate the cause as soon as possible. Thank you for your understanding and support.
Ways to collect logs:D5 Support Tool - Get Help / Tech Support - D5 RENDER FORUM

Hello, Yes it worked before, and still work on the pc of my colleague with a previous vision.
i uninstalled D5 with the tool, install again, but still the same.
i will sent the log and fils by PM.

Hi there, please reinstall the video driver and D5 Render 2.5.2 then try again. Also do not forget to run D5 Render as admin, then reboot your computer, to solve the TDR error. And back up your project files before opening them.