Cannot pick some material

Hi there, very new in D5, testing the free (non pro) version. I imported a Sketchup model, some material in the model cannot be picked, see attached. I want to make the glass material emissive I can’t pick it but I can pick other material in the same model. Any solution?
Thanks

Ok after some tests it seems that no imported transparent materials can be picked-up in D5. A bit odd :thinking:

It’s weird, Can you send this model to us for troubleshooting? Are you sure the faces are okay without any problems?
support@d5techs.com

Does the “Penetrating material selection” work?

Hi Support, thanks for your reply
“Penetrating material selection” work ignoring the transparent upper layer. I sent you by email a simplified test model, just flat surfaces with various material applied. What SketchUp calls Glass and Mirror cannot be picked in D5, other materials can.

Thank you for your test model, but I can pick all of these glass materials. Can you send the log files to us?

How to collect log files:
D5 Support Tool - Get Help / Tech Support - D5 RENDER FORUM

The logs have been sent, as well as a screen capture video. Note that I am using the Nvidia Studio Driver not the NVIDIA’s “Game Ready” GeForce series driver. This is the only thing “unusual” of my configuration. The Studio driver is content providers optimized, it is not upgraded as often as the game driver with le latest gimmicks but is focused on stability and performance.

Hi mate, to confirm, when you try to select the glass material, the right menu does not change, right?

If yes, can we schedule a time for remote assistance? we are usually available from 10 am to 7 pm (UTC+8)

Hi Bruce. I retested all of this and I found it is working but still with a twist.
When passing over a transparent material the black border, indicating that the element is pickable, do not show, but in fact it is pickable, should I click on it :face_with_peeking_eye:.
I know I have been a bit silly, that’s called learning…
So, I rephrase my first comment: Is it normal that when you pass over or click a transparent material that the selection border is not visible?

I dont think we need to do a remote assistance as the time being.
Thanks

Yeah, It’s normal If it’s the glass is not highlighted, Thanks for the feedback.

1 Like