Blender sync / exporter

Hi,
I noticed that files exported or synchronized with Blender are showing in D5 render as one object. This is very inconvenient. Can you implement functionality where all objects will be imported as separate objects (as they are in Blender)? Maybe it would be also possible to import the separate objects grouped ( layers in D5) as they are grouped in collections in Blender.

Can you also implement an option that only selected objects will be exported? Sometimes we don’t want to synchronize the entire file but only select objects in the scene.

I also noticed that the files are getting imported without materials and textures. Can you fix it to work properly?

Thank you!
Jan

Hi!

1. D5 Render recognizes different parts of the model by the different textures applied in Blender, so if you apply the same textures to the whole model in Blender, then D5 will see it as a whole.
  2. D5 does not support the retaining of group structure from Blender now. You need to apply different textures to different groups for D5 to distinguish them.
  3. In the next version of D5 Converter-Blender, we will support the export of only selected objects. Now it is in Beta test, please check this post: D5 Converter for Blender (Beta).
  4. About the files getting imported without textures, could you please show me screenshots? Do you use D5 Converter to sync the models, then all textures are gone in D5? And does it happen to one specific file or all files please?

Hi,
Thank you for your answer.

1. That’s nice but I would like to hide some parts of the scene (model) to work more efficiently in D5. Now the entire scene is just one piece of geometry which is very inconvenient to work with.
  2. Ok I understand. Can you implement it in the future (or at least importing each object as separate element in D5)?
  3. Ok. Thanks.
  4. Yes, I use D5 converter with sync feature. All elements are importing without materials / textures. I’m using 0.4.12 version of the plugin.

Please see some screenshots below.

Hi! I found that from your screenshot, your Blender plugin is not the latest version. Could you intall the latest one in this post: D5 Converter for Blender (Beta), which may help you fix the sync tecture lossing issue. If it is not fixed, we may need you Blender model file and scene file for test.

Hi just wondering is there any update on a roadmap for the blender exporter to be able to have objects in D5 as seperate objects?

As a workaround, would exporting each as .fbx (say maybe with a dummy cube object so they all have same positioning), and then importing them all into D5 work?

1 Like

I actually find just exporting as .d5a to work best - is there any update on when objects might come in as seperate objects? i.e. if I export a scene from blender it currently comes in as one poly model, as opposed to the objects that were in the scene

1 Like