Beta testing | D5 Converter for 3ds Max 2022/2023 (Corona materials supported)

D5 Converter-3Ds Max helps you to achieve live synchronization between 3Ds Max and D5 Render.

Supported versions

3ds Max 2014 - 2016, 2018- 2023;

Vray 3.6 and later versions; Corona 6.0 / 7.0 / 8.0

Download & Installation

Click to download

Download and unzip the file. Then run the extracted .exe file. Install D5 Converter for 3ds Max following the instruction.

*The installation will overwrite the previous version by default.

What’s new

Ver. 3.2.0.0001

Release Date 20220901

New and improvements

1. Keep group hierarchy: export a 3ds Max project and keep its group hierarchy (one tier). This feature needs D5 Render 2.3 and higher versions.

1. Export selected group hierarchy
  2. Quick ProOptimize (reduce faces)

Fixes

1. Wrong installation path error
  2. Error message “Exception catched D5start”
  3. Some exported models with grass materials caused D5 to crash
  4. VRay Disc light duplicates in D5
  5. VRay material’s Normal parameter became 6.49 in D5
  6. CRraySwitch material mapping
  7. Blended material mapping
  8. Other general fixes to improve the stability

Known issue:

1. When importing .d5a models with hierarchy into D5, it is suggested to open a scene then click Import button, instead of opening them directly.
  2. Exported .d5a models cannot use the sync coordinates/reload features in D5.

Ver. 3.1.0.0010

Release Date 20220725

New and improvements

1. Support 3ds Max 2014/2015/2016

Fixes

1. For 3ds Max2018, the first time of launching the plugin may cause crash issue.
  2. The shortcuts cannot work when sync for the first time.
  3. Normal panel disappeared in D5 for some models exported from 3ds Max.
  4. The “can not call proc” error appears when installing and selecting the file path.

Ver. 3.0.1.0394

Release Date 20220704

New and improvements

1. Supported versions: 3ds Max 2018 - 3ds Max 2023; Vray 3.6 and higher; Corona 6.0 / 7.0 / 8.0.
  2. Live sync is faster and more stable: modify the model in 3ds Max and click Update to sync it to D5 ( to add or delete models, or modify the size and shape, including Subdivide Modifier and other modifiers).
  3. Fully compatible with the old version (material / coordinate system). You can select sync method when start live sync for the first time, or adjust it in the settings page.
  4. Auto Collapse (It is recommended to turn it on by default. If the model is found to be misaligned, please turn it off manually).
  5. Material mapping supports Corona material, Vray blend/custom alpha/glass/transparent/multi sub material/special map format/bitmap, Vray bitmap, Corona bitmap image cutting/Quixel scanned map/ Corona Renderer-Select, Mix, RaySwitch and other mixed nodes.
  6. Emissive material mapping supports standard/VRay Light/Corona Render Light.
  7. Support Standard/Corona/Vray/Arnold light type and location.
  8. Support sending cameras to D5 scene list.

Fixes

1. Improve the logic of Vray material mapping for more accurate parameters.
  2. Some materials get lost after synchronization or export.
  3. Various error pop ups of MAXscript during export or synchronization.
  4. Switching workspace causes plug-in exceptions.
  5. Other known bugs

Features

Start: one-click to launch D5 Render in 3Ds Max

• One click to import models into D5 Render to start real-time rendering and live sync.
  • The max file needs to be saved before starting Sync.

Sync: synchronize model/material changes

• Quickly sync models and materials edited in 3ds Max to D5 Render by the Sync button, while parameters that have been adjusted in D5 Render will not change.

View Switch: turn on/off live sync of the viewports

• Keep the view of 3Ds Max and D5 Render consistent in any direction.

Send Scenes: synchronize the cameras

• Sync Standard/Vray/Arnold cameras to D5 scenes.

Send Lights: synchronize light types

• Synchronize Standard/Corona/Vray/Arnold light types into D5 Render
    The parameters of light objects need adjustments in D5 Render
3ds Max light type D5 light sources
standard-Target/Free Spot spot light
standard-Target/Free Direct strip light
standard-Omni point light
Corona Light point light
Corona Sun strip light
VRay plane light strip light
VRay sphere light point light
VRay IES spot light
Arnold Light point light

Export .d5a files

EXPORTD5A

• Export 3ds Max models in .d5a format to directly open them in D5 Render.

• Export .d5a files without compressing texture resolution.

• Export the whole project or selected part only.

• The Auto Collapse feature is added and the last setting will be saved (to solve most problems of model dislocation, normal UV and closed line export).

Export .skp files

• Support model export in .skp format to import into SketchUp and D5 Render
    EXPORTskp

• Resize Bitmap: 512 * 512, 1024 * 1024

• In addition, some other features are added: hide all edges, origin to center, merge coplanar faces, and more.

Settings

• Check the version number, global settings and current sync solution

• “Automatically save scenes after sync” and “Choose Sync Solution” options are provided, and the last setting will be saved.

• Sync Method
    SYNCMETHOD

New method (recommended): It is for all new projects that did not use previous versions of 3ds Max plugin (2.98 and older), which can synchronize the model coordinates and align them automatically.

Compatible method: It is only for projects that once have been linked to D5 scene files through old versions of 3ds Max plugin (2.98 and older).

• Automatically save scenes after sync: when there are materials with the same name in the 3ds max file, after synchronization of first time, the converter will automatically change the material name to a unique one to prevent the material assigned in D5 from getting overwritten next time.

Known issues

1. The converter cannot recognize the hidden/unhidden status of layers or categories.
  2. The sync speed will be slow if there are many maps of high resolution in the scene.
  3. For large 3ds Max projects (more than 1.5GB), it is recommended to use live sync instead of exporting them as .skp.
  4. When exporting a .d5a file occupies too much RAM, it is recommended to use live sync instead.
  5. In case of UV confusion after the model is imported into D5, it is recommended to rotate the texture UV by 270 °.

Uninstall

• Run the uninstall .exe file of D5 Converter for 3ds Max

Previous version (3ds Max 2017 supported)

Click to download

1 Like

Hi, is the link to Discord working? it just takes me to an empty discord page.

Discord not worki , can you put download link here??

Hi, I changed the link, please try again to join the Discord server->3ds Max channel. Also, you can download the file here directly:
D5_Converter_3DsMax_cn_3.0.0.0382.exe.7z - Google Drive

1 Like

Hi. I downloaded beta convert . But I have problem with 3dsmax 2022 . when I use the Quick Prooptimize function. It didn’t work. Can you fix this error?

Hello, that feature is a beta function, and its effect is not obvious. We may modify this feature and roll it out in a future version.

the antivirus blocks the installer, even having the antivirus deactivated it blocks it, I have to uninstall the antivirus.

Once the toolbar is installed, I can’t move it and if I hide it, it appears again in a separate strip without being able to stack it with other toolbars. it is very uncomfortable and takes up a lot of space on small screens.

Hello, the version you downloaded is an old one, I updated the link and you can give it a try:

D5_Converter_3DsMax_cn_3.0.0.0382.exe.7z - Google Drive

What’s more, please tell me what antivirus software you use, and we may do a test with it.

Also, regarding the “hide” and “move” issue, we did not reproduce that, can you please record a video or cut a screenshot? Please let me know your 3ds max version as well.

Use this link its working:
https://cn.cdn.d5converter.d5techs.com/installer/internalbeta/D5_Converter_3DsMax_pre2.zip

inside the zip there is a video where I show it happening

video.zip (4.0 MB)

NORTON antivirus keeps blocking the installer

Hi there! I have been testing the plugin. It does not convert the materials correctly back to D5. I tried with a few corona scenes and every time the materials turned out wrong in D5, they all get turned into transparent materials. The material maps seem to go through however.

Does anyone get the same? Is there a way to resolve this with settings or is it a matter of programming?

Hi, please try the new link I shared, which has the latest version of the plugin. Besides, the official release will come out this week, thanks~

Captura de pantalla 2022-07-05 231636
Captura de pantalla 2022-07-05 231808

I still can’t move the toolbar, now after uninstalling I get an empty space and the d5 menu after uninstalling, I’ve tried to delete the menu and the toolbar but it still appears, it’s a nightmare to be removing it every time I start max.

1 Like

oh my… i’m not alone!
did a request in another thread.
here is it: