Best workflow for D5 with Sketchup Layout planting plans

Some of you must work in the landscape industry so I’d like to know what methods you use to create scaled plans that match your 3D renders, specifically when it comes to creating planting plans. The only method I can think of is to create a 2D plant symbol in Sketchup then manually add the 3D asset from D5 once it has been synced, then delete turn off the symbol layer in Sketchup and re-sync to D5. It doesn’t seem to be a very efficient method to me, there must be a better way.

Thank you for your feedback. I will convey your needs to our team. Maybe there will be a better solution afterwards.
The method you are currently using is one solution, you can also try to lay out the plant models you need in SU and then sync to D5.

It would be great if I could use a low poly shape in sketchup as a proxy component and then replace all instances of it when I import to D5, but as far as I can tell, D5 imports the Sketchup models as one complete entity.

1 Like

Thanks for your advice. I think you can post your idea in our Ideas & Requests channel. This may make more staff see your needs. Latest Ideas & Requests topics - D5 RENDER FORUM