Auto Bump/Displacement map on D5

Hi,

I was thinking about why the materials from D5 I am using cannot use displacement correctly and found out that there is no map relative to that matter by default(used to have it by one click on Enscape, do not blame me… lol)

I wanted to know if there is any fast and easy way to have such a map and not be forced to use Photoshop and other apps to make one.

By just clicking displacement in inspector\material template of course it is not gonna work without a proper map.

Hi! I think the AI-generated texture map may help you and you can choose the material template to Displacement.

1 Like

I tried it on some new assets which I imported via JPG and somehow worked.
However, I tried the main tile I wanted to edit and the AI said unknown(or unrecognized or something similar) base color map.
The asset is one of the tiles from the D5 library

Hi, would you mind sharing your images for me to check?

Hello, it is true that the materials in the library cannot be recognised at the moment. You can try other external materials.

what does that mean?
You mean materials from D5 library cannot be used this way(with AI and displacement etc.) ?? That would be a shame… D5 library is good enough for almost every daily task but it is a big red line if this is not possible to do such thing with libraries materials.

The material of the library models can be set to displacement, but ai-generated texture maps can’t be used for them at the moment.

1 Like