Animation aspect ratio

Hi there,
I’m trying to create an animation with a 9:16 aspect ratio.
I start by creating a camera with the desired initial shot and define its parameters.
When I click the animation button, with the camera active, the aspect ratio immediately changes to default 16:9.
I tried to do it like explained in this video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_UBgRht7I6o), but the problem persists.
Anyone have a clue or can recommend a nice tutorial that covers animations with different aspect ratios?
Thanks in advance.

2 Likes

“I have the same problem, I have reinstalled the program, thinking it was an update error, but it remains the same.”

1 Like

Hi @pmpcmartins @41530901,

Different from 2.5 version, now if a camera is activated and you go to the video mode, the viewport will not be in the size of that camera set. Instead, the viewport will be still fixed to default 16:9.
In 2.6 version, if you want to adjust the aspect ratios of video clips, you need to enter Video mode first, then select the clip and adjust the parameter individually.

1 Like

I have the same problem

It seems that it is a problem with the last update or I don’t know if the interface changed, I have the same problem.

Now if a camera is activated and you go to the video mode, the viewport will not be in the size of that camera, like before. Instead, when you go to the video mode, the viewport will be fixed to 16:9.
If you want to adjust the aspect ratios of video clips, please select the clip and adjust the parameter here:

1 Like

Thank you for all the replies.

I also have a problem , when i want to make a video with 9:16, the camere change with the 9:16 aspect ratio but the image get distorted, like it is streched