Alembic surface selection problem (import from Blender)

I’m import animated 3d asset from Blender as alembic. After import i can’t select certain parts to apply material (pendulum, hour/minute arrows, cogs). I tried to import these parts separately, but problem persist: not selectable.

Blender export settings:

D5 window:

Blender project file:

Hi @cosaluzo

Please refer to this post and retry again Turorial | how to export .abc file - Get Help / How to - D5 RENDER FORUM
Hope it helps.

Regards,

Exported .abc with these params:

Pendulum, cogs and arrows still not selectable, can’t apply any material adjustments to them. Glass and base/body selectable

Hi @cosaluzo,

Just to confirm, are you using D5 2.5.2.0332?
Do you also have this pop-up when you want to apply materials to them?
Where are these unselectable components downloaded from? Is it modelled different from the glass and base/body? Is it related to some team’s workset?

Yes, i’m using latest version 2.5.2.0332
изображение
No, i dont have any pop-ups when importing .abc model or trying to select object. Usually when i move material picker on object, it highlighted with outline. On this model animated parts (pendulum, clock arrows, gears) doesn’t have outline, i can’t select them.
3D model source: Torsion Pendulum Clock - Animation - Download Free 3D model by Zgon (@Z-gon) [cb84e55] - Sketchfab
I downloaded it in .blend and converted to .abc.

Hi, could you also send me the abc files you converted from Blend? That will be helpful.
If you choose one material first, and then click the pendulum, clock arrows, gears, how does it show in D5?

Link to .abc file: Clock_Pendulum_Animation.abc — Яндекс Диск
Nothing happens. I also tried to click on them with penetration selection enabled - no luck, only glass and body are selectable, not moving parts

Hi, I cannot open this abc file link. Could you please send it to support@d5techs.com, better attach a link of this post. Thanks!

I sent you file, please check e-mail :wave:

1 Like