Free download of exterior demo scene for 3ds Max
Free download of interior demo scene for 3ds Max
Learn more about D5 Render for 3ds Max
Learn more about 3ds Max animation render with D5
Free download of D5 Render
D5 Converter-3ds Max helps you to achieve live synchronization between 3ds Max and D5 Render.
3ds Max 2014 - 2016, 2018- 2023；
Vray 3.6 and later versions; Corona 6.0 / 7.0 / 8.0
Download and unzip the file. Then run the extracted .exe file. Install D5 Converter for 3ds Max following the instruction.
*The installation will overwrite the previous version by default.
Release Date 20220901
- Keep group hierarchy: export a 3ds Max project and keep its group hierarchy (one tier). This feature needs D5 Render 2.3 and higher versions.
- Export selected group hierarchy
- Quick ProOptimize (reduce faces)
- Wrong installation path error
- Error message “Exception catched D5start”
- Some exported models with grass materials caused D5 to crash
- VRay Disc light duplicates in D5
- VRay material’s Normal parameter became 6.49 in D5
- CRraySwitch material mapping
- Blended material mapping
- Other general fixes to improve the stability
- When importing .d5a models with hierarchy into D5, it is suggested to open a scene then click Import button, instead of opening them directly.
- Exported .d5a models cannot use the sync coordinates/reload features in D5.
Release Date 20220725
- Support 3ds Max 2014/2015/2016
- For 3ds Max2018, the first time of launching the plugin may cause crash issue.
- The shortcuts cannot work when sync for the first time.
- Normal panel disappeared in D5 for some models exported from 3ds Max.
- The “can not call proc” error appears when installing and selecting the file path.
Release Date 20220704
- Supported versions: 3ds Max 2018 - 3ds Max 2023; Vray 3.6 and higher; Corona 6.0 / 7.0 / 8.0.
- Live sync is faster and more stable: modify the model in 3ds Max and click Update to sync it to D5 ( to add or delete models, or modify the size and shape, including Subdivide Modifier and other modifiers).
- Fully compatible with the old version (material / coordinate system). You can select sync method when start live sync for the first time, or adjust it in the settings page.
- Auto Collapse (It is recommended to turn it on by default. If the model is found to be misaligned, please turn it off manually).
- Material mapping supports Corona material, Vray blend/custom alpha/glass/transparent/multi sub material/special map format/bitmap, Vray bitmap, Corona bitmap image cutting/Quixel scanned map/ Corona Renderer-Select, Mix, RaySwitch and other mixed nodes.
- Emissive material mapping supports standard/VRay Light/Corona Render Light.
- Support Standard/Corona/Vray/Arnold light type and location.
- Support sending cameras to D5 scene list.
- Improve the logic of Vray material mapping for more accurate parameters.
- Some materials get lost after synchronization or export.
- Various error pop ups of MAXscript during export or synchronization.
- Switching workspace causes plug-in exceptions.
- Other known bugs
- One click to import models into D5 Render to start real-time rendering and live sync.
- The max file needs to be saved before starting Sync.
- Quickly sync models and materials edited in 3ds Max to D5 Render by the Sync button, while parameters that have been adjusted in D5 Render will not change.
- Keep the view of 3ds Max and D5 Render consistent in any direction.
- Sync Standard/Vray/Arnold cameras to D5 scenes.
- Synchronize Standard/Corona/Vray/Arnold light types into D5 Render
The parameters of light objects need adjustments in D5 Render
|3ds Max light type||D5 light sources|
|standard-Target/Free Spot||spot light|
|standard-Target/Free Direct||strip light|
|Corona Light||point light|
|Corona Sun||strip light|
|VRay plane light||strip light|
|VRay sphere light||point light|
|VRay IES||spot light|
|Arnold Light||point light|
Export 3ds Max models in .d5a format to directly open them in D5 Render.
Export .d5a files without compressing texture resolution.
Export the whole project or selected part only.
The Auto Collapse feature is added and the last setting will be saved (to solve most problems of model dislocation, normal UV and closed line export).
Support model export in .skp format to import into SketchUp and D5 Render
Resize Bitmap: 512 * 512, 1024 * 1024
In addition, some other features are added: hide all edges, origin to center, merge coplanar faces, and more.
Check the version number, global settings and current sync solution
“Automatically save scenes after sync” and “Choose Sync Solution” options are provided, and the last setting will be saved.
New method (recommended): It is for all new projects that did not use previous versions of 3ds Max plugin (2.98 and older), which can synchronize the model coordinates and align them automatically.
Compatible method: It is only for projects that once have been linked to D5 scene files through old versions of 3ds Max plugin (2.98 and older).
- Automatically save scenes after sync: when there are materials with the same name in the 3ds max file, after synchronization of first time, the converter will automatically change the material name to a unique one to prevent the material assigned in D5 from getting overwritten next time.
- The converter cannot recognize the hidden/unhidden status of layers or categories.
- The sync speed will be slow if there are many maps of high resolution in the scene.
- For large 3ds Max projects (more than 1.5GB), it is recommended to use live sync instead of exporting them as .skp.
- When exporting a .d5a file occupies too much RAM, it is recommended to use live sync instead.
- In case of UV confusion after the model is imported into D5, it is recommended to rotate the texture UV by 270 °.
- Run the uninstall .exe file of D5 Converter for 3ds Max