2.5.2 Timeline - How to Adjust Duration Of Transition Between Scene without Affecting Others?

When I create an animated camera by adding scenes using the Add Scene buttons on the timeline, I cannot later adjust the timing of each scene without affecting the others. See image below. This is the button I click which adds the current view to the animated camera path.

timeline1

If I edit the time of the transition between scene 1 and 2 to be 20 seconds, it changes the transition time between scene 2 and 3 automatically to be 8.1 seconds.

timeline2

How do I set the time (duration) for transitions between each scene independently?

Thanks

1 Like

HI
You have to look at the top right where the options drop down concerns both the setting but also to make an object move, watch some tutorials on YouTube, on this site you will find many in different languages ​​that explain how to do it.

1 Like

Hey Chris4,
By default, the software is set to automatically calculate the duration between one keyframe and the next. This ensures that the camera’s speed along the path remains consistent.
However, if you prefer to have more control, there’s an option for you.
Look towards the top right, and you’ll find a button that allows you to switch from the automatic mode to manual mode. By selecting the manual mode, you can personally set the duration between two keyframes.
I hope this clarification helps. Let me know if you have any more questions!

Best,

Michele
Cad3D.Expert

1 Like

Great news. Thanks to both of you for the info.

D5 team…. I did attempt to find this info in the manual but was not able to. If it is available there please point it out for others looking. Thx