Archicad Rendering with D5 Render | D5 Sync for Archicad

D5 Render is a free 3D render software for Archicad. D5 Sync for Archicad helps you to achieve synchronization between Archicad and D5.

UI

Supported versions: Archicad21 - Archicad 27

Download & Installation

Features

One-click to launch D5 Render in ArchiCAD

• Import the new models into D5 Render to start real-time rendering
  • When a model file needs to be modified during rendering, start sync to create a connection with the original model or replace it with the new model
  • Import ArchiCAD models into D5 Render by Sync feature without exporting d5a

Model/Material/Scene Sync

• After the current model has been edited in ArchiCAD, quickly sync the new model and materials to D5 Render by the Sync button, while keeping the materials and scene parameters that had been adjusted in D5 Render
  • Sync the scene list in ArchiCAD to D5 Render

View Sync

• Keep the view of ArchiCAD and D5 Render consistent in the horizontal direction
  • Support one click to turn view sync on or off

Light Sync

• ArchiCAD model light sources synchronization
  • ArchiCAD light sources synchronization
    • Synchronization of light source types (point light, spotlight, strip light, rectangular light), positions, sizes (for rectangular/strip light). Other parameters of light sources are not supported for synchronization and should be configured within D5 Render.

Export d5a files

• ArchiCAD files can be imported D5 Render by converting to .d5a files through D5 Converter

Known Issues & Solutions

1. In the event of an upgrade or synchronization failure, stop the anti-virus software and reinstall D5 Render and Sync (replace the installation, no need to uninstall it)

Hi. I have some questions about AC converter:

1. Is it possible to somehow make a composite model from several AC files by sincing, or only export?
  2. I have troubles with some library objects and/or triangle faces normals when importing geometry by files. Any solution?
  3. Is it possible to solve smoothing on round ArchiCAD geometry?
  4. How can I place several models into the same coordinate origin?
    thank you
  1. For now, you need to export and import.
  2. Could you elaborate on it for us? and better provide some screenshots
  3. supported
  4. supported

support to Archicad 26 Solo any time soon?

Hello, it is not done yet, I have shared this need with the dev team.

1 Like

Hi there,

Just following this up, any updates on the Archicad 26 Solo support?

Hi mate, sorry, not yet. Please try exporting .skp from Archicad solo then opem them in D5. The live sync plugin for now still does not support AC 26 solo.

1 Like

Hi guys,

If anyone is still interested, D5 sync works now for Archicad 26 Solo.

Cheers

2 Likes

I was decided to get D5 this month, but now that I’m changing to Archicad 27 SOLO, I think that will take a year to D5 update the sync, based on this topic. I don’t want to use Enscape my friends.

Next week we will release an update for D5 Sync to support Archicad 27, and I will consult our team whether we can support the Solo version.

2 Likes

Thanks Oliver, for architects like me that work alone, D5 is the best solution in quality and price, and the same applies to Archicad Solo versions, that have more affordable price. Hope you can do this, even a more simple exporter could solve this problem at the moment.

3 Likes

Hi, is there a way to relink, sync a model from a different AC file, the project in AC went from pln. to teamwork project, so it is the same model on the same place in the file it is just a different AC file? Can I relink the source file of a model in D5 from which I’m syncing the model to keep everything I did in D5 and just keep sync from a different AC file?

I found the solution myself, you just click start D5 from AC and if the file is already open in D5 it asks you if you want to replace the model that was previously synced.