What's new in D5 Render 2.3

Great update!! Excited to see what’s in store for 2.4 in the coming months. D5 is the best team in the industry!!

1 Like

Now with “Time Remaining” I finally know how long a coffee break lasts.
Thanks d5 team great work.

1 Like

Hi there! Yes, I was just referring to Archicad 26, I share a view of a project with Archicad 25.

By the way, thanks for the answer, I will be waiting for the Archicad tutorial, here is another project.
Thanks to you Oliver and to everyone in the D5 Render team :slight_smile:

1 Like

Amazing Update.

Thanks for all your hard work.

It’s sure paying off.

1 Like

Np, Ann, the latest version of D5 converter for Archicad has supported AC26, do not miss it :blush:

:partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face:
Great! thank you Oliver

1 Like

Hi D5 team! YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS ROUND CORNERS HAS ARRIVED!!!

I have been waiting for this function for some time and now it has been added.

THANK you so much. Also all the outline function. I’m so excited about D5 and where it is going and how much the team has achieved. Well done!

Also as a Vray, Lumion user D5 has now moved forward in my workflow. Making presenting so much easier so I can focus on the design

2 Likes

Glad to hear that bro, welcome to promote D5 to your friends. Also, it will help us a lot if you can write a review for us on this site:
D5 Render Reviews 2022: Details, Pricing, & Features | G2

I will do so. Thank you.

1 Like

Top update with useful features.
Thank you D5 team!

3 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Materials went missing from 3ds MAx to D5

I recently notice the amazing difference in glass with Unreal Engine 5.1

I was curious whether D5 Render 2.3 uses the 5.1 engine, or whether this might be in the next release?

Thank you.

Hi, thank you for posting. UE 5.1 will not be integrated this time, and we are mainly working on rendering features in D5.

1 Like

Thank you very much, @Oliver.J – when you say “rendering features”, you don’t mean at the engine-level, correct? In other words, UE will still be the engine; however, you are referring to features to improve/ease the workflow from 3D modeling tools -to- final render, is that a correct interpretation?

Thanks again.

yeah, new GI and some other techs will be implemented, stay tuned~

I’m not certain I understand the acronym “GI”; “Graphic Interface”, “Graphics Integration”?

I also wasn’t sure how this relates to UE and whether that will continue to provide the underlying render. My hope is that it will remain your engine; I’m very impressed with UE 5.1 where they’ve finally addresses my remaining concerns w/glass, foliage.

Thanks again!

Hi, I mean global illumination(algorithm) for GI, like we increased the ray bounces of sky light, etc. We will take your suggestion (UE5.1) into consideration, thanks~

1 Like

Thank you for the clarification. Because UE historically needed extra ray-trace iterations, that’s an excellent idea.

The beauty of 5.1 (vs 5.0) is they’ve finally fixed the issue with semi-transparent/reflective materials (water/glass) – so that the extra iterations are not required in the most important areas that were bad in 5.0

If you watch this feature-overview video for UE 5.1, you can skip to about 4:40 to see a thorough explanation/comparison of 5.0 vs 5.1 glass/water.

Thanks again for your helpful reply.

A post was split to a new topic: Archicad 26 cannot open 2.4