Rendering

• GI accuracy enhancements
  • Denoiser enhancement in video rendering
  • Multiple reflections available in video rendering
  • Optimization of fog parameter settings

Efficiency

• Optimization of the plant brush tool
  • Optimization of plant collision
  • Significant improvement on rendering efficiency of large, plant-filled scenes
  • Adjusted menu bar
  • Adjusted some interface details

FIXES

• Undo and redo errors for list operations
  • Brightness range error for Spotlight IES
  • Normal map failure
  • Unexpected changes for selected items in the resource list
  • Library list display failure
  • 4K monitor adaptation
  • D5 Converters - synchronization failure for large scenes
  • Misaligned UV for Displacement materials
  • Partial map missing for imported skp files

Details

1. Dynamic Particle Materials in D5 built-in library

2. Follow HDR for sunlight

• A new Follow HDR toggle is added to the sunlight angle. When turned on, D5 automatically defines the brightest point in the HDR image and calculates the sunlight angle accordingly, ensuring (without manual adjustment) that the sunlight is in the same direction as the HDR illumination. The angels of sunlight can be customized with it toggled off.

3. Multi-selected models can be aligned to the original model coordinates

• Coordinates from modeling software are retained in imported models. You can keep their relative positions through the alignment feature after importing them into D5 Render.
  • Select multiple imported models in the scene or from the list, and click “Align” to align the models to the first-selected model (based on their source coordinates).

4. Invisible in Raytracing option added for materials

• A new “invisible in raytracing” option has been added to the Custom and Video material templates.
  • The option controls whether the material is involved in the calculation of illumination. It is turned off by default, and the material will be rendered. When turned on, only a color map (base color) of the material gets rendered for it to be visible, but does not participate in the rendering of lights. This means that the material does not interact with the scene, and lights simply go through.

5. AO Mapping of materials

• New AO mapping for “Custom”, “Car Paint”, “Displacement”, “Fabric” and “Custom Transparency” materials.

6. Lens flare effects

7. Camera speed control

8. Camera Z-axis rotation

9. Groups support video keyframes

• Video keyframes can be added for grouped models and light sources of the same type.
  • Grouped characters and vehicle models can move together. Lights can be switched on/off in groups.

10. d5a model group supports exporting and saving to the local library

• Grouped models support the Export or Add to Local feature in the model inspector, just like a single model.
  • Groups are kept for the next time.

11. The Real-Time toggle is available for different preview qualities

• The Real-Time toggle can be turned on in high/medium/low quality. Motions of animated models, particles and other dynamic objects in the scene can be previewed in real-time.

12. Optimization of fog parameter settings

• Fog settings are optimized to allow separated control over distance fogs and Tyndall effect. Distance fogs are displayed with fog toggled on. With Tyndall effect on, the volumetric lighting effect is applied.

13. Optimization of the plant brush tool

• In addition to substantial efficiency improvement, the radius and density parameters are adjusted as well.
  • The radius range is wider now, allowing for smaller or bigger brushes.
  • Plant density algorithm adjusted. Brushes do not support stacking, while scattering can be stacked.

D5 Converters

D5 Converter-3ds Max supports live sync(Beta)

1. Click to launch D5 Render inside 3Ds Max. Live synchronization of models and materials, as well as views and camera positions, are supported
  2. Supports Vray light position synchronization, and automatic mapping into point light, spotlight, strip light and rectangular light in D5 Render. Synchronized light sources support real-time parameter adjustment and effect preview. The Vray light sources from the same instance object are grouped together after synchronization, allowing for batch adjustment of parameters within D5

D5 Converter-SketchUp supports real-time light sync

1. Supports setting and editing D5 light sources in real-time within SketchUp
    • Synchronization of light source types (point light, spotlight, strip light, rectangular light), positions, sizes (for rectangular/strip light). Other parameters of light sources are not supported for synchronization and should be configured within D5 Render.
    • The same light source components are automatically grouped within D5, allowing for batch adjustment of parameters
    • Support to hide the D5 light source carrier in SketchUp with a click

D5 Converter-Revit supports family lighting synchronization

1. Revit family lighting synchronization
    • Synchronization of light source types (point light, spotlight, strip light, rectangular light), positions, sizes (for rectangular/strip light). Other parameters of light sources are not supported for synchronization and should be configured within D5 Render.

D5 Converter-ArchiCAD supports lighting synchronization

1. ArchiCad model light sources synchronization
  2. ArchiCad light sources synchronization
8 Likes

Congrats and thank you for your continued efforts developing D5 !

Thanks to the D5 team

Thank you very much, especially for the 3DS MAX livesync! Can’t wait to try…

Ooooo… top D5.
great work!
L

No Blender live synh?..

1 Like

thank you very much for the update. now i finally see the light leaks was fixed in my old projects. you are awesome. btw, i cannot see any asset in my particles category but i think it will be fixed soon

Hi,
where do I get the upgrade to 1.8? Never mind I found it :slight_smile:
S

Uploading now! Coming very soon

2 Likes

After upgrading to 1.8 I cannot launch it as it keeps telling me that my email or password is incorrect. Interestingly enough I can access my account on your server with the same credentials.
Help would be very much appreciated.

Congrats and thanks 1.8
now it is running with sketchup 2021

Please check out your version number, which should be 1.8.0.0277

I did install 1.8.0.0277 and still have the same problem.

Can I use NVIDIA Quadro Graphics Card NOW?

Je me joins aux félicitations, j’aime beaucoup D5, et j’espère très sincèrement que dans le mois avenir il va continuer à progresser vers l’excellence. Je regrette seulement un manque de tutorial. Merci

Quadro RTX series is supported

What about Quadro M4000?