Weight for brushed vegetation and other ideas

Hi,
In the past I used a plugin to connect Vue to 3ds Max.
Vue was a very powerful program to create beautiful landscapes. Within this program I was able to create a sort of D5 brushes to paint vegetations or fill some areas with a list of plants and other stuff.
The most important feature was the height and the weight for each layer of plants. For “height” I mean the program was able to scatter the vegetation on the various heights of the modeled terrain.
But I never updated Vue, so I decided to replace it with Forest Pack which was better integrated in 3ds Max.
In Forest Pack Pro I don’t have the same Vue layer capabilities but I can decide the weight for each plant (model) used.
After having filled an area I can adjust the weight for each plant, the density, the xyz offset/scaling/rotation separated for each direction, the fall-off manually or through a curve, the pattern used to fill an area. For example I can create a regular grid of trees or use a procedural texture to decide the various movements of the vegetation. I can create a carpet of grass filling a text shape.
Last but not least: Clusters. They are very important to create agglomerates of vegetations.
I think the D5 team could improve the landscape design feature.

Regards.

Hi!
About the height and weight of the plants, could you please tell me more about them? It would be better if you could show me some example photos.
And may I know in which case will you need to define the height and the weight of the plants?