Vray or D5, Which is easier?

I’m a 3d rendering freelance, so far I’ve been using VRAY for SKP and I think there are some things that are difficult in Vray like creating soft cloth materials, do you think D5 is easier for that?

By the way, I wrote a little vray guide that I learned here

Thank you

Hi mate, D5 Render is the easier renderer, and we use PBR material system so you can use cloth material template to make the thing you want.

hi olive, thanks for your feedback.
Is the fabric template a kind of vismat on vray? I often find the problem that sometimes the template doesn’t produce a good effect

hi, it is not the same. You can give it a try.
In vray, you may need to adjust a lot to get good results. D5 is easier, but the final result depends on your scene settings.

I’m still using a laptop, with AMD A9 and 4GB RAM is this enough?

Hi mate, what GPU do you have? To be honest, 4GB RAM is not enough to run D5…sry

hi olive, i just bought a new laptop, is this specs good for rendering?

currently I’m building a simple blog to help people who want to learn rendering, I want to add d5 render as a rendering program that I want to discuss, what do you think?

you can see it here blogtsantoid tutorial rendering

No its bad, sorry. I dont even know if it will run.

Hi mate, unfortunately, it may not be able to run D5 Render… The 8GB RAM is not enough.
Besides, from the screenshot you post, it only shows the AMD graphics (integrated GPU).
I did a search and found that the ideapad gaming 3 should have a dedicated GPU, and please check what GPU your laptop has. (I think it should support D5 Render, and you just need to increase the RAM to about 32 GB)

If you have D5 Render installed on your computer, clicking on the version number of the Welcome page will show your laptop’s hardware information.

Regarding your idea to make tutorials, it’s really cool, I will dm you, thanks!

1 Like

my new laptop has RTX 3050 GPU, is that enough?

By the way, I can’t find your dm

The RTX 3050 can run D5 Render with no problem. But you need to upgrade RAM to 16 or 32 GB.