Vertical (Portrait) Resolution for Video Rendering

Hello D5 Team,

Is there any chance on near future that we have the option to render a vertical video? (or any other resolutions to make it flexible)

I think it’s really important because I have been using D5 default (Landscape) video resolution lately and then cut the frames to make it a vertical video for phone reels video resolution which seems to be not effective (takes longer to render because need more pixels and sometimes blurry because it’s cropped).

By the way, loved the new 2.4 update! it really helps interactive video to clients as it improves the lighting effects.

Hi mate, yes, it is possible. We are already working on this feature.

3 Likes

Oh yes, being able to do vertical video would take your product to a whole new level!

It would also be great to make the hiding fields less transparent when setting up the vertical image, to make it easier to concentrate on the composition.

1 Like

Yes, I’d need it for posting reels on Instagram! Right now, it’s a bit awkward as the 16:9 videos look so small on the phone unless I rotate the video 90° or render bigger and crop.

Again, we also improve it in 2.5, please stay tuned.

2 Likes

Great news! Thank you D5 Team for this update! finally I don’t tilt my head 90 degree every time I needed to render Reel Videos :smiley:

1 Like

Is this released? I do not see an aspect ratio option for video in 2.5.1.0319

Edit: I see you can set up a custom video aspect ratio with Advanced Camera. Fyi, it would simpler to also be able to set this up in the Video resolution tab.

Yeah, can only be set in the Advanced Camera now, thank you for your advice.