V-RayMtl Converter 3

V-RayMtl Converter 3
The professional 3ds Max tool for converting materials, maps and other scene components (lights, cameras, proxy etc) from different renderer engines into V-Ray, as well as to reverse the conversion of V-Ray materials into Standard (Default Scanline) materials (which is very useful for game developers, 3d modelers, etc)

Main features:

• Convert supported materials to V-Ray materials (see support materials here)
  • Convert V-Ray materials to Standard materials (see support materials here)
  • Batch conversion of materials in multiple *.max files
  • Backed procedural textures for converted materials
  • Convert scene lights to V-Ray lights (see support lights here)
  • Convert scene cameras to V-Ray Physical Camera (see support cameras here)
  • Convert Corona proxies to V-Ray proxy
  • Convert Corona Displacement Mod to V-Ray Displacement Mod
  • Convert scene standard Bitmaps to VRayBitmap (VRayHDRI)
  • Convert scene VRayBitmap (VRayHDRI) to standard Bitmap
  • Configure ACEScg/sRGB workflow in V-Ray
  • …and more advanced conversion and scene fix tools.

For converting materials, maps and other scene components (lights, cameras, proxy etc) from different renderer engines into V-Ray, as well as to reverse the conversion of V-Ray materials into Standard (Default Scanline) materials the “V-RayMtl Converter 3” plugin will help you. This plugin also supports converting materials from multiple *.max files.
You can see a detailed description of this plugin here: MAXTools: V-RayMtl Converter 3

or on ScriptSpot here: V-RayMtl Converter | ScriptSpot
or on the Autodesk App Store here: V-RayMtl Converter | 3ds Max | Autodesk App Store

Thanks very much!!!

1 Like

Could someone confirm - I mainly use Corona and could I convert Corona materials to some other material which will work in D5?

This will be an instant buy if it works.

Hello, you could convert Corona materials to Vray materials, and then it will work in D5 Render.

When I read this text, I started to think I have never heard that D5 would accept Vray-materials easily. I downloaded a 3dsmax model with Vray-materials and it works!
I have had a feeling I would like to render my corona-scenes with D5 but the problem has been changing the materials, choosing new ones from D5. But now if Vray-materials work, then everything is very clear :smiley:
Thank you!

1 Like

No problem, and @stallfish’s sharing is nice too :blush: