SYNC PIVOT 3ds max

Hi there,
I’ve been looking for a way to synchronize the 3ds max pivot point with the d5 for some time. I found a guide on how to do it from sketch up, but I’m using 3ds max. After setting the pivot in 3ds and clicking sync pivot in d5, the pivot moves to an unspecified location. Does this option only work for sketch up? And what can I do to change the pivot in d5? I saw a workaround solution, is this the only way?

Hi lukas,
Thanks for reaching out. That option should also work for models from 3ds Max, but it can only recognize the origin point (0,0,0) of 3ds Max World coordinate system, not Object/Local coordinate system.
You can move the model near the origin point then check the result.

If the problem persists, please show us a screenshot or record a video to show us how you set the pivot.
You can also email support@d5techs.com to open a ticket in D5 Help Center.

Thanks,
Oliver

Thank you for the quick reply. Picture my problem. No matter if I sync or export to skp, d5a, the pivot is in the same place, after pressing sync the pivot moves to an unspecified place. I will be grateful for advice. Regards

Hello, can you send this sample model file to support@d5techs.com?

Done. I send.

“Thanks for reaching out. That option should also work for models from 3ds Max, but it can only recognize the origin point (0,0,0) of 3ds Max World coordinate system, not Object/Local coordinate system.”
I was making a mistake. You are 100% right. Thank You very much Oliver for your help. Regards

1 Like

You are welcome! we would support this feature better in future~