Sun position based on geolocation

Hi,

Does D5 allow to do solar studies based on location of the project? I’ve just installed D5 but now waiting on the new graphics card to arrive before starting to use it.

From various tutorial videos I can see that the sun can be manipulated quite easily but I need the ability to render accurate sun studies based on the projects geo location.

If this isn’t available at this time, are there plans to include this feature. It is essential from an architects point of view.

Regards,

J

5 Likes

Hi!Thanks for your suggestion! we will consider this in the future!

I saw that this message was from 2020. Did this feature got added?

i just entered my correct geolocation and the sun shadows are not according to the location. I don’t understand why I would need to enter a geolocation if it does not give the right shadows.

You need to adjust your North also if needed.

Hello mate, can you share with me some details? Normally it should work with no problem.

Hi Oliver,

The issue is that days are not much longer in summer. When I set the date to June 21, in D5 the sun goes down at 7PM while in reality this is 10PM. Orientation of the sun is fine, it is just that the time of dusk and dawn are wrong.

Thanks,
Alain

hi mate, it is weird. Could you let me know what region you set, and the longitude and latitude you entered?

Same thing in Montreal, I think the software not tacking in consideration time changing that happen twice in a year in some time zone.

Thank you for your feedback, can you screenshot some images to show the problem in detail if convenient?

Hi mate, the situation should be considered when developing this function. If there’s bug when you use D5 Render, can you please share with us more details?