StageLight 1.1

Hi D5 Guys and Gals!

D5, Stagelight is great! Whoop Whoop!

So an Idea -
I place loads of lights, often 20/30+ into a performance in a space roughly around 30m by 30m

I place some in Sketchup - the ones that light set pieces are fairly straightforward.
then I place more in D5 which are more creative - Stagelights and lights that light people or lights that throw a beam into a space.

IDEA…

– can we have barn doors on the stage light? (we could do a gobo but this wouldnt be practical and limited)

I’ve seen other software (including Lumion) have a ‘point at’ solution this was always fiddly (the way they implimented it) but it would still benifit D5

Cheers Chris

To better interact with you and cater to your suggestions, we have added the 「Voice of D5 Users」.
https://d5render.featureupvote.com/

1 Like

Hello, the “point at” feature is nice. But the “barn doors”, sorry I do not understand :joy: you meant let lights stick to an object?

You have barn doors on the rectangular lights right ? Like this on a spotlight…

The way I’m using the lights are mirror a TV studio setting. With many lights pointing here and there, there’s alway light spills - barn door-ing the stage light (or the default cone shape it produces) helps this.
For instance - On a chat show each guest doesn’t sit under a cone of light but a square shape so no light spills onto the person next to them and lighting director has complete control.

I suppose ask too much !!! H a ha - it’s maybe too detailed for all you architects!!! If you have it on the rectangular lights then……

Cheers
Chris.