Smooth sun movement

Hi,

Trying to do something like a sun analysis/sun study with D5.

My observations:

1. The movement using the time: 9:30AM to 17:30pm in video is smooth. As thou a time lapse is happening and we can record a video of the same and capture the effect of the sun movement.
  2. But if I would like to understand how the sun effects the buildings with the surrounding on a said time say 9:30AM. but in different months Jan-Dec. Each time the month changes D5 resorts to a immediate change to the new month and jerks it to its new given month. So if I record a video of the same it shows up as a jerk movement from Jan-Dec.

I know this is a D5 forum, and I hate comparing this product with some other but the reason why I am posting about it because I tried the same above and recorded videos in ENSCAPE+sketchup, and I was able to create a video with a smooth time-lapse explaining to my client how the sun effects his building at varying months at 9:30am. But due to lack of render quality in Enscape and major light leakes I wanted to make the same video in d5 so I could do away with light leakes.

Side note: Using the Curic Sun plugin, i was able to get smooth daily movement of the sun both hourly and monthly movement as the model is accurately geo-located. It helps a lot for live immediate response.

D5 the month movement of the sun while making a video of it is like stitching images together to make it into a video.
Linking the Sketchup and D5 does not linked the lighting system of the two. It doesn’t add the geo-location of the two software. Idea is to add this function as well, so that as architects we can get and make accurate true to live location based designed decisions and facade treatments etc.

Thanks
Monks :wink:

Hello,

Why don’t you have D5 create 12 videos, save them…
and in a video editing software you create
from the 12 videos with nice transitions,
a whole video.

I hope I have understood your problem correctly.

Ya i get what u mean,
And like is said im able to do the same using the plugin in enscape without issues.

Also somehow I do not trust the geo-tagging and sun-path in the D5. I don’t know how accurate it might be, coming from being a D5 user since the 1.1.3 days, early days the sun wouldn’t even give me 12:00pm shadow using the geo-sky movement. We have definitely come a long way now considering accurate shade & shadows.
I rely on Skethup’s geolocation-tag infrastructure and then using the date, month & other parameters to get my extensive analysis to create building facades etc.

Also don’t you think its a lot of work what ur asking. I can recreate the same with just images as well. just as what D5 is anyways is giving me in the video render format.

Both Ensacpe & Lumion don’t have such harsh jerks in their systems, ever. Be it sun system/camera movement.
Which I have posted about here separately about the camera movements
Jerk in making video - Get Help / Tech Support - D5 RENDER FORUM

D5 needs a little polish of such minor systems, to make life easy and holistic for its user. It is why I made the topic. I hope u understand.

Thanks
Monks