Sequence Rendering

Hi,

Thanks for your interesting updates.

Is it posssible to have a live preview of the rendering frame. Also an option to specify the time frame range is highly demanded. Currently if there is a mistake in the render, its visible only at the end of rendering . We have to re-render the whole sequence. A part rendering of a specific time frame range is highly required. Thank You!

Hi Buildonideas! Thanks for your advice.
Before taking this advice into consideration, I need to confirm something with you.

1. You want to have a preview of several video clips in the rendering sequence right?
  2. Before clicking rendering, you want to get to know the estimated time of each video rendering in the rendering sequence, right?
  3. Lastly, by “a part rendering”, do you mean that if you found something wrong in the video clip during preview, you want an option that you can select a part of the video clip to be rendered?

Hi,

Thanks for the reply

1. Live preview of the currently rendering frame like we have in lumion or blender. We can see the render progress happening.

2. Suppose we are rendering total 300 frames. But we have a mistake or change from 120 frames to 180 frames in between we need to have an option to re-render only that area instead of rendering the whole sequence once again. That will be a huge time saver

3. You have already provided a preview of estimated rendering time for rendering a sequence in version 2.3. Thanks for that

4. I am not clear on your point No. 1 (preview of several video clips in a rendering sequence)

1 Like

Thanks for the detailed introduction! I understand what you want now. I have told your request to our dev team and they will take it into consideration.

Thank You :+1:

I too would like the ability to understand and be able to re-render a specific frame sequence. Like @buildonideas says. If i find a mistake in between the frames i can re-render on those frames onwards and finish the sequence.
Let me elaborate on certain issue that tend to occur usually.

For example:

1. By mistake I shut the trees layer in one camera.
  2. While playing with the lighting the camera doesn’t render out the right kind of visuals/somelight intensity is too high and needs to be reduced.
    You catch my drift.

I would like to add that the render sequence also helps in the multi-computer rendering.
Supposed i have to meet a deadline and i can use multiple computers for the process of rendering. It would greatly help in using the frame sequence of one 300frame video to be rendered out in 3 separate computers (100frames each), hence delivered the video faster in lesser timespan.

Thanks
Monks.