Revit Lt Support

Hi D5 Team,
Following from my previous posts regarding .fbx & .ifc import, could you please consider collaborating with Autodesk to allow an import from Revit LT that will:

1. allow High LOD (smooth curves).
  2. recognise all Revit materials (ie: materials on either side of a composite element).
  3. ensure that all Revit material names remain clean and consistent from project to project (ie: no added numbers or additional information to material names).

Twinmotion currently reads .fbx files exported from Revit just fine, however .fbx export does not allow for smooth curves. It would be a great start anyway.

Ideally, it would be wonderful if Autodesk would consider a .dae export and if D5 allowed the import of that .dae file. I am hopeful that one day this would be possible.

I work for a small Architectural firm that uses a mix of both Full Revit and Revit LT (I believe it is currently the dominating BIM software in the world). It is just too expensive to pay for Full Revit licenses for each employee. I am sure many other Architectural firms do the same thing to keep software costs as low as possible. Currently, the office will not deviate away from Enscape even though only 2 employees out of 8 have access. Getting every employee to use D5 would be a huge selling point and incentive to switch from Enscape. It is currently not considered as any whiff of a workflow problem (eg: having to use ‘middle man’ software or file converters) rules out switching from a reliable software to another. The suggestion of using a mix of both Enscape and D5 in the office is also a cause of contention. I hope this will change for future releases as I think D5 is amazing.

With kindest regards,
Leah

1 Like