Place on nodes : Node Placement

Replace nodes with the current selected tree by using the Context Menu.

In Sketchup, create and align the position of your nodes (blocks/components/groups) which represent the trees in your project. Export a file with just those nodes as FBX. Import the FBX into your Scene and align the position with rest of your project.

Select the asset you want to replace these nodes with. Randomize rotation and scaling to get more than 100 trees/ assets placed in your project as per your CAD/sketchup file

Wow, this way is very efficient, thank you I will share it with the D5 team.

1 Like

Hi, I try to do it from 3Ds Max, I export multiple box as fbx file, when I import theme on D5 Render and choose “Replace from asset”, when I choose a tree for example, it doesn’t give me a multiple trees but just one tree; I don’t know how to solve that ?

Thanks in advance

Here is how I do it before on Lu-mion: How to use Nodes for Mass Placement: Lumion 9 - 3D Render Tutorial - YouTube

Hi, mate, we don’t support it now since we recognize the fbx file as an overall model. However, we plan to make the “Node Placement”. Thank you for your video.

1 Like

Hi, Bruce, ok, thank you for your reply.

1 Like

This is a critical feature for us to move over from Lumion. We use this feature in lumion to ensure accuracy of placement from cad to our renders.

1 Like

Thanks for your comments, we are looking into it.

I’m facing the same dilemma here when trying to replace blocks from Rhino as D5 assets, please add this feature!

The solution for 3Ds max was there, the trick is to make groups, and export with D5a exporter all groups and making sure you check “Keep Group Hierarrchy”, and after imopting in D5 Render you have to found a list of object that you can replace with any stuf from asset

1 Like

This workaround works for few object nodes… what about replacing hundreds of objects like trees in a big park. Grouping each node in 3dsmax will be tedious. Need to just modify the feature where in each node are replaced separately not as one. It will make more sense and productive.

Did you work with this method on 3Ds Max?

Yes I did. Anyhow, by some googling i found out that you can set all selected objects as a group individually, using a script.

1 Like