Photo match, why it is essential?

Hello
First, I’m early user of D5 and I never thought you went so far. Nice job D5 team.
I would like to talk about what is 3D and why photo match is essential.
We make 3D to show futur project to customer, some of them didnt project them in the futur and are not able to realise what it will look like.

We make nice 3D render but people love to see their futur house, building,… In environnement they know well. The surprise is bigger.
I use match photo on sketchup and the most of soft render take sketchup scène and ask me the final picture size.

I often be able to load the real picture in background too.
It’s easy, it works and with photoshop this is nice.
When I open the sketchup model, D5 seems to have the sketchup scene but it doesn’t fit.
I tried to change camera settings (fov) and out same value as sketchup but it doesn’t fit.
I really think it could be so important to be able to load sketchup scene with exact same position and camera angle.
Second détail.
Imagine I load a sketchup model, I have my scènes.
I add people, materials, 3D model, put settings,…
If customer asks me new point of view, I can add it in sketchup but If I reload the sketchup model, scène are not reload.
It’s impossible to export D5 scene and import it in new D5 project.
So if I add sketchup view and want to render it. I have to start from beginning.

I think D5 team should think about export D5 model and import.
Of be able to reload sketchup scene when we reload.

I was long, sorry, but asking for request is good but explain why is essential for me.
Users of D5 are architect or designers, they use photo match and as you know, customer always asks for changes until the end, so we need to be able to reload easily.

Best regards.

Hi mate, thank you, in the coming 2.4 version, the FOV in D5 will be improved so the effect will be a little better. And we may support photo match in future as well.
To send SU scenes to D5, you may need to use D5 Converter for SketchUp, but in this case, it is not compatible with directly imported/opened .skp model files.

Yours Sincerely,
Oliver