Parking lot

At the moment placing static cars is very complicated in a large parking lot. It would be very helpful if there was an automatic option (something like a path- but that the cars do not move) and also that their wheels do not turn (in the case of animation).
Another question- I have models of cars at max that I want to export them to D5
The number of faces of the models is about 500K per car. Compared to D5’s 150K cars. I tried to lower the number of faces in Max using an optimizer, but it does not work well.
Do you have another solution?
Thanks

Hello, you can set the vehicle path’s speed to 0, then those cars wont move. But I see that their wheels will still move…I will let product team know this behavior.

To the second question, sorry we do not have other solutions to lower faces in D5…Cars from D5 library are all optimized by our team, to lower the number of faces. We will keep improve the scene capacity.

Regards,
Oliver

Hi Oliver. Thanks for the reference.
Currently the only option to place the cars (even if their speed is 0) is along the path. For a parking lot it was very helpful to allow the cars to be placed perpendicular to the path with the option of a random 180 degree turn (so that not all cars would be in the same direction). See Attached.

1 Like

OK, our product team will consider this, thank u for this very useful and meaningful suggestion :+1:

I’m in a similar situation - and posted to the discord about it. Has there been any development on this or a workaround?

Similar question I posted in Discord:
I’m trying to fill a parking lot with cars without individually placing D5 Assets.
I typically use SketchUp’s Skatter to do this and for a moment I though my idea would work.
I did 4 skatter with 4 unique placeholders and planned to do an asset swap in D5. However, I forgot that the import comes in as one object so is there a way to do this? Or do I need to export each element individually? Or am I stuck placing car assets one by one?

Hi mate, yeah, unfortunately, for now D5 recognizes the model as an entity, so we have to place the car assets one by one, because we cannot replace those models individually from SU.
We are going to make a new tool to place cars, which would make it easier.

1 Like

Place any car and switch off the dynamic mode. It will be placed as static.