Once D5 closed, it can't open unless Rhino reopens

D5 doesn’t have stop/start button, so it keeps using hardware resources. Oftentimes, it needs to close, but then Rhino has to be closed and reopen in order to start D5 again.

1 Like

Hi isong, if you have the sync plugin, you don’t need to open or close the graphics program. Just click on the sync launcher icon or on the first plugin icon, the one with an arrow.

Yes, that’s what I use. But once D5 is closed, this button doesn’t work to reopen D5. The sync button only works after Rhino is closed and reopen.

I don’t know, on your program, but on mine it works when I close D5, but I never do it, I always open D5 and synchronize, Enough. Usually to avoid problems, or for the path or for something else, I usually always open D5 with the project to be corrected, and then I synchronize with the graphics program, for the changes in the project that I have carried out, this is because. since I have been using it for a long time since version D5 1.3, and before there were no plugins but it connected with the Fils in SKP, to synchronize I did it manually. I changed the File in the folder that I generated to a modified SKP, but with the same name, because D5 remembered this.

By right clicking on the sync icon with the mouse you can disable the sync. By clicking with the left mouse button, you can connect again.

2 Likes

Does that completely stop D5 without closing? Meaning, D5 wouldn’t be using any hardware resources?

Hi! After closing D5, please right click on the plugin to disable the sync. After that you will be able to sync to D5 again normally without restarting rhino.

1 Like

Thank you. It’s solved. Maybe it was just me, that wasn’t obvious.

1 Like