No reflections

Hi,
I have a problem with reflections on big water area. Please see the images below. I have tried water material, shiny plastic and mirror. All the same result.
The Material is reflective

This is the render result. I think it has something to do with object size as this is big object - river.
Please help as I have to give my final project to the client within few days.

Can you help me?

Hello
Have you tried one of the scenes that staf posted on the forum with examples of water. I can think that your scene is the problem. Or you create the River material from these posted scenes, see how it goes. :slightly_smiling_face: :slightly_smiling_face: :slightly_smiling_face:

Hi,
Do you have a link to that post?
No, I haven’t used that material from those scenes. I tried to use D5 water materials, I tried mirror material, shiny plastic and any other shiny material. All of them are giving me this weird result.

Hello
It does not depend on the material of the water but on the environment that surrounds it. I give you some images of an example that I did a long time ago.

You have to play on the environment, then water has some effect on the material, then if everything suits you, that’s it. this is an example downloaded on the site 3d warehouse. :slightly_smiling_face: :slightly_smiling_face: :slightly_smiling_face:

Hi! Please also check this post: [1.9.0]Suggested adjustment of water materials.

2 Likes

Thank you.