More ideas

#01 Elapsed render time. Estimated is ok but elapsed is fundamental.
#02 Antialiasing filters. I think the rendered images are too sharp. We need a smoother interpolation.
#03 Post processing presets.
#04 Focus on the new created layer name. When a new layer is created if the window, which contains the layer list, is not large enough, the name of the new layer is created below the list. We don’t see immediately the name of the new created layer to rename.
#05 Save and close just one step. If I save the current project and immediately I want to close the program it asks me to save again. Why?
#06 Video preview sequence of animated characters in the library.
#07 Support for handling isometric views directly in D5. I can create isometric view only through Rhinoceros.
#08 Channels option deactivated by default.
#09 Grasshopper D5 direct connection without baking. See Vray Vision.
#10 Pause render. If I minimize D5 the gpu fans stop to throttle. To consume less power we need to pause the continuous rt render also if the animated objects option is off.
#11 Animated characters with trolleys

Regards.

About this, could you please tell me more?

What presets do you want please? We already have some presets now.

Could you please show me a screenshot of this? I cannot understand your question fully.

About other requests, I have told them to the dev team.

I can speak on the anti alias because it is something I have noticed as well. Both in real photos or in top of the line render engines when you zoom in close to details in textures and edges there are smooth transitions, there is a natural blur that occurs, not pixelated and jagged.

That effect in photo/video is called anti alias, my suspicion is that this is due to D5’s intense denoising settings which end up sacrificing realism for hyper sharpening of “details”. It just ends up producing jagged edges and pixelated vegetation rather then smooth edges and naturally blurred detail color transitions. I’ve attached some sample photos.

These are examples from D5, notice the jagged edges and over sharpening of detail of vegetation and textures, really detracts from the realism.

These are examples from renders online, notice how colors are allowed to bleed into each other and where detail is lost, edges are blurred and smoothed.

These are the most common antialiasing interpolation filters:
Box, Area, Triangle, Lanczos, Sinc, CatmullRom, Gaussian and Cook.
Some of them produce sharp edges, other smooth.

Regarding the post-processing filters may I save all tweaked color-correction, exposure, contrast, highlight, shadows, temperature, saturation, lut values on a file and reuse these settings for another scene?

When a new layer is created and your list is long you will not see the name of the new layer. You have to scroll the list manually to find the last one created. D5 doesn’t focus on the name of the new created layer.

Regards.

Here is the animated character with a trolley in our Assets.

As for the reuse of post-processing parameters, we have been working on this.

Currently, the layers are ordered by the creating time, namely, the first layer you create will be ranked first. Do you mean you want the inverse order, the first-created ranked at the bottom, and the newly created ranked the first?

1 Like

Hy Ruby,
I mean trolleys for tourists. For example tourists with animated trolleys walking in airports or train stations.

thanks, Ruby has shared those ideas with us :grinning:

I would like to see a way on how to hide the object that emits light but still get the lighting from it.
So it can help in situations that you need more light for super big buildings and you are taking a night shot and you want to light up the whole floor, but the available lights arent strong enough.

Or, the scaling on the D5 lights could be infinite like a 20meter*20 meter rectangle light for example.

E.G I used over 15 lights for the facade

@daichipoulis Hi! You can set the Rect Light source’s size by entering the value you want.

And please press the shortcut key L to hide all the light sources in the scene.

1 Like